TRAPPING 2015 -2016 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRAPPING 2015 -2016 season

Thought I would start a new tread for the season for our trapping since the season has already started. I will not start trapping until December to let the prime up well. I will target Coyote, Bobcat, and Beaver if I find any to make bait! Beaver makes the best bait for coyotes and bobcat I think! This season I bought 3 Dozen modified Duke #4 traps and 3 dozen finned chain super stakes for the coyotes that way they don't bite cables or get them twisted off done that for the last time last season. I will stick to the river more this season and close to home since I can only check traps on my lunch break from my job! An hour lunch break goes by fast if you are trying to run a couple dozen traps and resetting and carrying your fur back to the truck a mile back to the parking spot! Anyway good luck to you guys this season and post what going on the line this season here! Later! Kenny

I've got 3 yotes so far, haven't started on cats yet but I will

Comment

Nice how did there bellies look?

Comment

How's the fur market looking this year? Do you know of a fur buyer near the Rockwall area?

Comment

I need to defrost my bobcat meat and start my bait. I should have done it weeks ago. I'm going to try a gallon of bobcat meat and a bottle of Dobbins bait solution. I wont get to trapping too much until the new year

Comment

Originally posted by RajunCajun1982 View Post
            How's the fur market looking this year? Do you know of a fur buyer near the Rockwall area?
            cats and coyotes might bring a little....Everything else is pretty poor. Not sure if we will even be able to sell any Texas coons.

Greg Novak will make his run not sure how close he will get to you.

Comment

Actually our raccoons sale just as good as the coons up north do! But all coon sells this season will be low and not do to good until Russia gets back into the game because they are the main buyers of raccoon fur! The only coons that will do fair to good will be the 4XL and up sizes! Coyotes and cats will bring the most!

Comment

My father an myself are seeing a lot of Bobcats this year along with coyotes and coons.

I will start trapping tward the end of deer season.

Comment

It's cool to see trappers on here. I too like to set some traps every year for bobcats and coyotes. If only a good Texas coon was worth $20 bucks or so!!

Comment

Once The Texan and I take out one more doe each, we will focus on trapping. TC pics and previous years of trapping show low coon numbers, but we are mainly focus on coyotes and bobcats. Won't be selling any fur, just trapping as a form of deer management.

Comment

I just relocated to the Rockwall area gonna try to hit
                      Some landowners up for permission. I'd love to trap public land but I also like having all my traps too at the end of the season

Comment

Anvilheadtexas - Our Good coons sell very well! I sold a 5X coon this last sell at NAFA for 25$. That really is down from 2 years ago because that same 5X coon would have gotten at least 40$ or more back then but I will take 20$ all day long for coon if they would buy them!

Comment

Coons pay for gas money!!!

Good to see this years thread!!

We need to clean and tune up our traps after the summer time predator work, everything is a mess and scattered all over the shop. Just been way to busy to slow down.

Have several large properties to work this year as well as all of our returning customers from last season and a another big job in Oklahoma lines up again..

Looking forward to everyones seasons!

Comment

findin this thread made me go throw my traps out yesterday. Few less off of the boss mans protein bill

Comment

Dushon...how much catfood do you fill your trap up with?

Comment

Working...
                              X