The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    Recently switched from the Canadian stuff to bourbon, and this thread is maddening.
    Lol. I'm no one to tell a person what taste good to them, but agreed some of these "go to's" aren't worthy of washing a paint brush in.

... but that's why they make several different ones

Comment

Originally posted by redfishted View Post
      Buffalo Trace is my current drink of choice, for the money it's hard to beat.
      X2

Comment

I am not much of a whiskey drinker but I was talking to a really good customer of mine before Christmas and he mentioned Rebecca Creek. Anyways, about a week and a half before Christmas, he texts me asking for my address. about 3 days later my wife says I have a package at the house. He sent me a bottle of Rebecca Creek. I like it mixed with coke.

Comment

Scored 3 bottles of Blantons today the store set back for me, so I'm good there for awhile. They buy it out as soon as it hits the shelf. Little over priced.... but dang good!

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
            Scored 3 bottles of Blantons today the store set back for me, so I'm good there for awhile. They buy it out as soon as it hits the shelf. Little over priced.... but dang good!
            Nice! 3 bottles should last for a while. Great stuff.

Comment

Should make it to dove season, unless an occasion arises

Comment

Went and set up camper this afternoon, and had to head back to work. Stopped by an old liquor store that's about shut down, haven't been there in 6-7 years. Scored another bottle of Blantons and picked up some eagle rare to sample... don't know what to really expect from a $29 bottle of bourdon

Comment

Went and set up camper this afternoon, and had to head back to work. Stopped by an old liquor store that's about shut down, haven't been there in 6-7 years. Scored another bottle of Blantons and picked up some eagle rare to sample... don't know what to really expect from a $29 bottle of bourdon
                  Eagle Rare is Buffalo Trace's big brother. The same family as EH Taylor, and Pappy. Eagle Rare is hard come by right now in my parts. It will be sold out in a matter of hours at 2 of my stops. And you got it for about $20 less than what I have to pay when I find it.

Comment

When I find it, it is usually around $30-35. In my opinion, there's nothing better in the price range.

Comment

They had 3-4 bottles left of eagle rare. Mine had dust on it. Lol

Comment

A guy working at Specs who has never led me wrong, swore up and down that Kentucky Vintage will stand with anything in the price range. This bottle was under $30 and I'm happy with it as a change of pace. It won't replace my Four Roses small batch however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                          A guy working at Specs who has never led me wrong, swore up and down that Kentucky Vintage will stand with anything in the price range. This bottle was under $30 and I'm happy with it as a change of pace. It won't replace my Four Roses small batch however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I've tried that one before and liked it, good pick up!

Comment

Did a blind tasting this weekend with makers 46 ( my pick as best in price range) vs eagle rare (gave less than $30 for it, so didn't really expect it th win out).....and it didn't. Eagle rare is however very good if you can acquire it at $35 or under. The 46 beat it hands down in every way it could... but it a $45 bottle.

Comment

Did a blind tasting this weekend with makers 46 ( my pick as best in price range) vs eagle rare (gave less than $30 for it, so didn't really expect it th win out).....and it didn't. Eagle rare is however very good if you can acquire it at $35 or under. The 46 beat it hands down in every way it could... but it a $45 bottle.
                              Thanks for the test results, ill certainly give the 46 a try

Comment

Out with the old and in with the new! This Jefferson's is a super smooth sippin bourbon, one of the best I've had this year and at $30.. very good!

Comment

Working...
                                X