Elk development on protein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or the horns. This thing is putting on inches in record time. Loves the protein, he is in there pretty much every day, some times 2 times a day, usually for 15 minutes at a feeding. Spends most of the time in the protein some time in the corn. I've got 2 bucks that are starting to break the skin too.

On 3/31/15

On 4/9/15

On 4/15/15

Puttin some trash on as well! Nice

Comment

Awesome, where is this and is it a free range? or HF?

Comment

Originally posted by blntrey3 View Post
        Awesome, where is this and is it a free range? or HF?
        Bandera County, free range. There is a HF ranch somewhere that had a fence issue but dont know where. The Elk have been on this place for several years. We have some dense property with spring fed year round water so they have stayed put.

Comment

pretty cool!

Comment

That elk will look awesome! Keep us updated on the growth

Comment

Yep that is Elliot from last year hope he dont break off this year.

Comment

Great pics.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythitman View Post
                  Bandera County, free range. There is a HF ranch somewhere that had a fence issue but dont know where. The Elk have been on this place for several years. We have some dense property with spring fed year round water so they have stayed put.
                  awesome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Medina Springs View Post
                    Yep that is Elliot from last year hope he dont break off this year.
                    I hope he holds together and throws 6 on each side. He will fill the freezer and look good on the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythitman View Post
                      I hope he holds together and throws 6 on each side. He will fill the freezer and look good on the wall.
                      yes he will! keep us updated on the pics would love to see how he turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                        yes he will! keep us updated on the pics would love to see how he turns out.
                        Will do

Comment

does your protein even make it a week with Elk around? cool pics

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                            does your protein even make it a week with Elk around? cool pics
                            The guys on the place last year said they tore through it quick, and they are bad about tearing up the feeders and eating it all. So far I only have 2 in my spot, 2 bulls, the other I didn't put any pics of him, he is younger and smaller. Its also really green right now, I have a feeling come summer time they are going to run through it quick.

Comment

That's wicked

Comment

Working...
                              X