Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any ATV/motorcycle mechanics (or any kind of mechanic that wants to diagnose)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more than likely the jets are clogged and the plunger is stuck... just happened to my Yamaha a few weeks ago. Is there any pop or back-fire? could be the intake boot. both are easy fix. pm me if you need any help, or youtube can be your best friend on stuff like this

Comment

Rebuilding those carbs is like anything else- takes half a day the first time and 45 minutes from then on. Replace the jets, they are cheap and hard to clean. Almost certainly your problem.

Comment

Local guy is running a "tune up" special for $79

Calling him today, might save me some cussing and hunting little pieces that might fall/fly out. He also checks the valves and changes oil and filter etc

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
          Local guy is running a "tune up" special for $79

Calling him today, might save me some cussing and hunting little pieces that might fall/fly out. He also checks the valves and changes oil and filter etc
          I'd explain your situation. He will know what to do. I suspect the carb float is sticking/jet is clogged a little bit and not allowing enough fuel in. We usually just replace the carb though. It is just so tough to get those things clean enough that they don't end up doing the same thing again.

I'd recommend choosing one or the other type fuels to use. Not back and forth.

Comment

Ill bet you a dollar to a donut that it is the spark plug. Been there done that on two different Foreman's and both times a new spark plug fixed it. There was a bad batch of NGK plugs where the ceramic cracks and causes a misfire.

Comment

I have a Rincon that did the same thing. Ran some seafoam through it and it cleaned right up. Runs like new now.

Comment

See the crack on the left........

In my case the backfire throught the tailpipe was from the rich running combustion caused by the sparkplug misfire.
                Attached Files

Comment

Make sure your battery is charged. Just went through that with a Kawasaki I fixed. Would idle fine but anything over half throttle would sputter then backfire. I would recommend new plug and carb rebuild kit. Flush the lines. New gas and a new spark plug and a cheap fuel filter right before the carb never hurts.

Comment

And clean your air filter.

Comment

Hondas are my fav to work on. Wish you were closer I would help you. Really simple once you get your hands on a couple like he said above.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePap View Post
                        they do not react to each other, all it does is lower the percentage of ETOH by adding non-ETOH fuel. that's pretty much it!
                        My thoughts as well. All e-10 consists of is gasoline and ethenol. How would adding more gasoline suddenly cause problems?

I'd start with the fuel filter. Had a polaris do the same thing. Bad fuel filter. If not the filter, I'd check the lines, if not the lines I'd suspect the carb. Basically work from the fuel tank back.
                        Last edited by fishingsetx; 08-26-2015, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fishingsetx View Post
                          My thoughts as well. All e-10 consists of is gasoline and ethenol. How would adding more gasoline suddenly cause problems?

I'd start with the fuel filter. Had a polaris do the same thing. Bad fuel filter. If not the filter, I'd check the lines, if not the lines I'd suspect the carb. Basically work from the fuel tank back.
                          Exactly and this is not just my guess, i work in a petroleum laboratory and have been for 15 years. Change the fuel filter and soak the carb in Seafoam, that stuff is the good stuff! And basically it is Kerosene, naphtha and IPA.

Comment

Spark plug

Comment

Foreman

I have a 2006 foreman that was having the same issues. Pulled carb twice and cleaned still the same problem. Put a $3.50 spark plug in and fixed the problem. Try a spark plug!

Comment

Originally posted by Lanceknny View Post
                                Sounds like carb .i wouldn't mix ethanol and non ethanol they will react with each other and cause problems. When you mix the two together it looks like saw dust in the fuel .
                                I have seen the "saw dust" in an atv and outboard filter. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Working...
                                X