Red Light Camera ticket...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Light Camera ticket...

Who has received one and did you pay it? Just opened one in the mail and it has a 25$ delinquent fee on top of the ticket because it was late. Never received it because we recently moved and I’m guessing they sent it to the old address and it missed being forwarded.

Mentioned it to some friends and everyone is saying it’s non enforceable and don’t pay since cities are using it as a cash grab. Some quick online research is saying don’t pay either especially the trash your ticket page (looks like they are huge proponents in the bill already in the system to make Camera tickets non enforceable). No real cons besides possibly having your registration placed on a scaffold hold but very few counties even go through with it?

Initially was just going to pay but everything else is saying otherwise so it slowed my roll some.

Appreciate any input.

I won’t pay them.

Comment

Even if your registration was put on hold, there are still ways to get registered.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
        Even if your registration was put on hold, there are still ways to get registered.
        Read this also.

Comment

The guys on the radio ( dallas ) were talking about this yesterday, they all said don't pay and it won't affect registration.

Comment

They were talking about it on Austin Radio this morning as well. Slight spin though, they were talking about a guy in California that got one for $750.00 not $75.00 for one violation.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee230 View Post
              They were talking about it on Austin Radio this morning as well. Slight spin though, they were talking about a guy in California that got one for $750.00 not $75.00 for one violation.
              750$ is inasane

Comment

Ignore them.

Comment

Rec'd 2 and did not pay.

One was for turning right on a red. Photo included. Called them out. I made a legal turn as shown on their own photos.

Next was for in the intersection on a red. Sent a video of the light and the infraction of the light from green to yellow to red. The light had been set on a short yellow. City sent more letters. Told them to pound sand, in writing.

Comment

If I ran the light I would pay

Comment

Why do so many of y'all say don't pay it? There is clear video evidence that you ran a red light when they send you the ticket. You did the crime. How are you justifying not paying it?

Comment

Leon valley?
                        Supposedly they are reviewed by police officers at the station. I can’t wait to vote out all the people that let it happen in Leon valley.

Comment

Yes we are . I don't pay them either. Only ac does

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                            Leon valley?
                            Supposedly they are reviewed by police officers at the station. I can’t wait to vote out all the people that let it happen in Leon valley.
                            That would be correct.

There were photos and the light was red not arguing that part.

Comment

Most the money from these red light cameras are not blowing an intersection, they’re for right on Red and not coming to a complete stop. Big difference IMO

Comment

Working...
                              X