Cabela's Rant!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabela's Rant!!

Just got the new Fall catalog from Cabela's. Called to order a new set of Berber pants and jacket in the Out Fitters Series. There answer was!

"Not in stock and no reorder date". What happened to Calela's. I know Bass Pro purchased them but...

I went out there the other day and wanted a LS camo tee shirt. They had one and it was $150.

Comment

They don't seem to be a big fan of honoring Cabelas lifetime warrantee on clothing anymore either. Not at all like when I worked there. I'll buy my overpriced clothing somewhere else from now on.

Comment

They've been on my boycott list for years.

Comment

It seems that they are being run by yuppies and moving to cater to hikers and campers. I went to 2 in Colorado a few weeks ago and more than half the store was camping and fishing, an almost non-existent bow section, and no traps of any kind.

Comment

They are both probably secretly owned by Academy. Thus the declining nature of their products and service...lol

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
              They are both probably secretly owned by Gander Mountain. Thus the declining nature of their products and service...lol
              fify

Comment

My theory is that Cabelas won't be around for long now. They will close or become BPs. I've been wrong before though....

Comment

Who remembers Oshmans? I loved that place until Academy rolled in.

Cabela's? Who's that

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    fify
                    Ha...Gander Mountain already went out of business here in San Antonio last year.

Academy and Walmart are the only games in town besides BPS.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                      I know Bass Pro purchased them but...
                      Probably answered your own question?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I buy very little from them its right up the road a few miles .

Example Last year a brand new pair of their brand hiking boots failed in under two weeks of hiking CO on my trip .

I take them back yes I kept the receipt but they are now on sale so the 120 dollar boot is now 24 ?? I walk away and go grab a pair off the shelf same boot bring it back to customer care to show him It rings up at the 120 price point . But he tells me the SKu is not the same I tell him to look at the two boots . No deal I get the manager to do an exchange after getting ****** off .

he oks that I get my new receipt take them back the next day to get my cash for 120 *** is wrong with them .. Why the big jump through hoops BS

Comment

I think what we are seeing is a long time, well known outfitting retailer is now being managed like the big box stores. I remember the Cabelas catalog arriving and they had all the neat stuff that no one else carried locally. Do you remember when they actually did outfitting and provided trips/guides/hunts? They may still but I have not seen that in years.

It all comes down to managing by metrics and sadly, customer satisfaction is a measured metric but it's way down the list of importance. Inventory turns, aging, EBITDA all come first.

Customer service after the sale is non existent, it all gets pushed off to the manufacturer.

Comment

Originally posted by tgil View Post
                            Probably answered your own question?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                            yes he did

Comment

Mail ordered my first bow from them about 17 years ago.

Used to spend a lot of money in there but nowadays I just leave mad I made the 30 minute round trip drive and they didn't have what I needed.

Comment

Working...
                              X