Binoculars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Binoculars

Does anyone have recommendations on some good starter bino's either used or new? I don't want to spend more than $300, don't have a preference and honestly I don't know what I'm even looking for. All of my friends back home in NM use Vortex, Leica or Swarovski, but they are all outfitters and use them all the time. My Texas friends use everything all over the board. I will be mainly hunting North Texas with 2 trips booked to South Texas and NM next year. Thanks guys

I just got some Vortex Diamondnacks and I absolutely love them. Bass pro give you the harness for free right now if you buy them, and you can't beat the warranty. I look at deer everyday with mine and they are crystal clear and don't bother your eyes after looking through them for a while.

Comment

I second the Vortex Diamondbacks. I have the 10x40 and they suit my needs just fine.

Comment

Vortex

Comment

For midsized, you cannot beat the 8x32 Sightron Blue Sky II (about $180). 19 oz. and optics that should cost 4x as much.

For full size, Monarch 5 are a great value.

If you buy anything made in China, make sure the store you get it from has a no-questions-asked return policy. You'll probably need it. Diamondbacks are made in China.

I'm not a Vortex fan unless we're talking Vipers or above, and those are all well above your $300 range.

Comment

Go to this page and look around.

For just a hair over $300, the Zeiss Terra ED 8x42's are a solid buy (even though they are made in China) and Eagle Optics has a no questions asked return policy.

The bin's I'd buy on that page are the Endeavor ED's for $249. They will blow the Diamondbacks out of the water.

Comment

I have a pair of Bushnell legend ultra HD's 10x42's. good glass for the money and warranty is awesome. my first pair after a couple years quit focusing. I sent them back and they replaced them with a brand new pair no questions asked. they are just north of 300$.

Comment

I picked up a pair of Vortex Talon HD 8x32's for 299.88 (324.62 after tax) from Cabela's. Seems like very good glass that I'll put to the test at Meredith this year.

Comment

Awesome guys, thank you. I will be headed to Grapevine this afternoon so ill pop in Bass Pro and check them out.

Comment

PM's returned

Comment

Originally posted by bowtechbandit View Post
                      I have a pair of Bushnell legend ultra HD's 10x42's. good glass for the money and warranty is awesome. my first pair after a couple years quit focusing. I sent them back and they replaced them with a brand new pair no questions asked. they are just north of 300$.
                      I forgot about those. Maybe one of the "best buys" in optics and if you shop around, you can find them for less than $250. Plus Bushnell backs their products really well.

Comment

Look at Brunton's. I put a pair up against Swaro and they where just as clear for a 1/3 of price. I have the Brunton Eterna 11x45. The best binos Ive ever had

Comment

Brunton no longer makes binocs and they have no way to service them. Great optics, but if you have an issue with them, you're out of luck.

Comment

Check out Minox BV series. Outstanding clarity and incredible value.

Designed with an outstanding price to performance ratio, these binoculars with quality features offer plenty bang for your buck.

Comment

Originally posted by iansumrall View Post
                              i just got some vortex diamondnacks and i absolutely love them. Bass pro give you the harness for free right now if you buy them, and you can't beat the warranty. I look at deer everyday with mine and they are crystal clear and don't bother your eyes after looking through them for a while.
                              x1,000

Comment

Working...
                              X