2015 Lake Grapevine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larry View Post
    I'm more concerned by all of the public broadcasting of the awesomeness of Grapevine and reminders to everyone on God's green Earth to get your entry in for the drawing. We're seriously going to push entries to 1k this year. It's like a freaking pledge drive of some sort! The goal should be LESS, not MORE each year. LOL Why am I the only one who wants to keep it on the down low?!
    Thank you!!! I have no idea why people would broadcast the permits opening and lower their own chances... I understand it's public and all but come on!

Comment

Well I got in on the deer draw this am and got a general permit!!!

Comment

Larry's already ticked off he didn't get drawn for the 2015-16 season...maybe next year Larry, keep on trying and eventually you will get picked, just don't be mad at the rest of us when we get our permits.

Comment

I'm never mad at those who get drawn. Couldn't be farther from the truth. Now those who get drawn and don't pick up their permit or never set foot on the place after getting their permit...that's another story.

Comment

Originally posted by larry View Post
            i'll save my criticisms of how grapevine is run/managed for later. Don't want to ruin my chances of getting drawn. I know they read these forums. :d

batting .000 since they went to the draw format knowing lots of guys never pick their permits up is awesome. Not having any place to park is awesomer. Guys who have never hunted there asking where the office is so they can enter the drawing is the awesomest!

:d
            lol!

Comment

Drove by there today, jaw dropped, couldn't believe how far from the road the water extended. And the height of it. Crazy!

Comment

I don't have a problem with the rules. I'd probably hop on one leg all the way to my stand if need be. The hunting is worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                  I don't have a problem with the rules. I'd probably hop on one leg all the way to my stand if need be. The hunting is worth it.
                  Yeah, for me it's just about getting outside and having the chance to hunt. I'm not going to die if I don't kill anything out there ever. Might get frustrated but man it's hard to find places to hunt that I can afford. Leases are crazy expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by jswaringen View Post
                    Yeah, for me it's just about getting outside and having the chance to hunt. I'm not going to die if I don't kill anything out there ever. Might get frustrated but man it's hard to find places to hunt that I can afford. Leases are crazy expensive.
                    This

I've gone the last 2 seasons without anything but at least I'm not at work. Lease prices are insane these days and not worth it imo

Comment

Be nice Larry.

Comment

When is the entry deadline for the draw?

Comment

Originally posted by rednecktbrizz7 View Post
                          Ask Larry

Comment

Originally posted by bulletpusher View Post
                            Be nice Larry.
                            I'm trying my best. Trying to be more of a team player. I'm telling as many people as I can about the great hunting at Grapevine.

Originally posted by rednecktbrizz7 View Post
                            Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                            Ask Larry
                            You have plenty of time. End of July for entries. Drawing will be first of August with lottery numbers posted August 23. We're shooting for 1,000 entries. This thread has 2,200+ views. Let's keep it at the top! Records were meant to be broken!!!

Comment

I hope people leave their blinds and cameras out there for me again this year. It really helps cover my gas to hunt

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                                I hope people leave their blinds and cameras out there for me again this year. It really helps cover my gas to hunt
                                And you're a better man for stealing their stuff? Is that one of those 'ends justifies the means' scenarios?

Comment

Working...
                                X