Arrow help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow help

I am shooting a PSE Brute, draw length is 26 1/2", draw weight 60lbs, broadheads, not sure what ones I am gonna use this year, but I like 100 grain. Using a medium whisker biscuit rest. What arrows would you recommend?

Lots of good choices. I personally like Gold Tip XT Hunters. More than likely you would need the 55/75 spine.

Comment

I shoot Easton Axis. I'd have to look at the chart but pretty sure the 400's are what you'd need. You can cut them shorter than your draw length if your rest allows for an overdrawn but you have to be careful because that puts your broadhead on the inside of the riser at full draw. If the arrow falls off, you could have a mess on your hands.

Gold Tips are good too. I have a lot of buddies that use them and I've heard no complaints.

Comment

since you have a biscuit. something with a slick coating on the arrrow. i like my Beman ICS 400speed arrows.
        Last edited by Skullworks52; 08-11-2012, 12:30 PM.

Comment

i forgot about your biscuit. Have you thought about a fall away rest? I'm leary of anything that is going to have contact with the arrow once released. It seems to me that it would reduce the speed after passing thru the biscuit.

Comment

Originally posted by rossivey View Post
            i forgot about your biscuit. Have you thought about a fall away rest? I'm leary of anything that is going to have contact with the arrow once released. It seems to me that it would reduce the speed after passing thru the biscuit.
            I have and a buch of other people have. the biscuit only slows down the arrow at the max of 3fps. using blazer with straight fletch works just fine. IMO a wb cant fail and if it does its fixable in the field?

Comment

WB is fine and Skullworks is right on the noise from a biscuit on a rough shaft. Shoot what you are comfortable with.

Comment

Beman mfx bone collectors 400 will work just fine.

Comment

Working...
                X