Changing a string without bowpress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing a string without bowpress?

In this video by Draves Archery, they change out the string and cables by sticking a allen wrench in the idler wheel. Question is, Won't that damage your cam?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta-PW-Fq12U"]How To Change Your Compound Bow Strings at Home: No Bow Press Required! - YouTube[/ame]
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO
    Last edited by ShredLikeRed; 11-21-2013, 11:51 AM. Reason: Spelling

ttt
    The reason I posted this is 'cause, I need to put a twist or two in my cable and don't have a bowpress. I would like to be able to do it without having to drive out to a bowshop.

Comment

Can it be done...yes...would i recommend it...NO....i have seen this gone wrong many of time before.

Comment

If you're in Denton county you shouldn't be too far from Cinnamon Creek Ranch. Best choice.

otherwise..
        ratchet strap

Comment

Originally posted by Vantage Point View Post
          If you're in Denton county you shouldn't be too far from Cinnamon Creek Ranch. Best choice.

otherwise..
          ratchet strap
          It probably would be best to go to CCR, but the ratchet strap sounds intriguing, does it work?

Comment

Yes, ratchet straps work. Theere is a portable press sold with that idea and adapters. Dixiehunter that is a nice mosin in your avatar.

Comment

The biggest problem with a ratchet strap is releasing it slowly.

Comment

I did it with a ratchet strap once because I had no other choice and it was tricky. Not a one person job by no means. I would not do it again unless I had to.

Comment

Working...
                X