Sight adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sight adjustment

I am trying to re-sight in my bow. It just came back from the bow shop for a tune up and installed the QAD HDx rest.

My sight is a Spot Hogg Hogg-it, I am hitting my 4" circle @ 20 yds but I basiclly used up all of my gang adjustmentgetting to this point. I can move my individual pin but it is already as far down as I want it to go.

Can I move my rest? And if I move my rest would I need to move my noch point to? Or is there something else that I am over looking that I could do?

Hope this makes some sort of sense to yall. I am no expert and my wording might be a little off.

Thank you
    Steve

Sounds like you either have the sight installed incorrectly, upside down maybe? Or the rest is to low. You should NOT be out of gang adjustment. I'm not sure about the spot Hogg but check and see if there is a way to mount it in a different position.

Comment

Originally posted by lbbf View Post
      I'm not sure about the spot Hogg but check and see if there is a way to mount it in a different position.
      This!

Comment

The only way to get your sight higher without effecting the tune of your bow is to raise your peep.
        If you will draw your bow and anchor with your eyes closed then when anchored properly open your eyes. If you can't see your sight fully without moving your head, you need to move your peep. You may have adjusted your head to accomodate the peep height. It may have been moved at the shop. If your nock point was raised you need to move the peep the same amount.

Comment

I had a similar issue with my rush, hdx and spot hogg real deal. I even temporarily flipped the bracket over to band-aid the issue. To fix it properly I had to change my anchor point which caused me to have to re-zero my peep height. I raised my anchor 1", moved the peep and it put me back in the center of the gang adjustments.

Comment

Working...
          X