X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Wednesday)

Daily Bible Portion - 4 of 7
    "WORDS"

(Weekly Reading>>Deuteronomy 1:1-3:22, Isaiah 1:1-27, John 15:1-11, Hebrews 3:7-4:11)

Quote: Hellenistic Judaism by L. Feldman,

“The Septuagint is the oldest Greek translation of the Bible. Legend contained in the apocryphal letter of Aristeas, according to 72 elders of Israel, six from each tribe, translated the LAW (Torah) into Greek, in Alexandria, during the reign of Ptolemy II Philadelphus (285-244 BCE). The Greek translation was for the growing Hellenistic non-Jewish population at the time. The Septuagint was laced with subtle changes. The Hebrew meanings were changed into Greek/Hellenistic meanings. For instance, Yahweh’s Name was changed over 7,010 times to Lord, God, and Adonai (Greek names for their gods). The fact that the word Torah was translated as nomos/law opened the way for anti-Torah in early Christianity and an adoption of many Greek pagan ways. A very subtle introduction of pagan idolatry had slipped into the Holy Scriptures. Finally, the designation Septuagint was extended to the rest of the Bible and non-canonical books that were translated into Greek during the following two centuries.”

Yahweh sets in place His Kingdom principles to live by for a blessing. If we violate those instructions then they become a law against us. That is why John the Baptist came preaching the baptism of repentance and Jesus started His earthly ministry with “The time is fulfilled and the Kingdom of God is at hand. Repent[turn back to Yahweh], and believe[obey] in the Gospel [My instructions given to Moses at Mount Sinai to bless you]” (Mark 1:4, 15, Heb 4:2-6).

James 2:8-12 “If you really fulfill the royal law [Torah, the Gospel] according to the Scripture, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself,’ you do well; but if you show partiality, you commit sin [against the royal law/Torah, the Gospel], and are convicted by the [Torah, which now becomes a] law [against you] as transgressors [of the Torah]. For whoever shall keep the whole law [Torah], and yet stumble in one point [not having guarded over the principle of the Torah – the law of life], he is guilty of all [and will be convicted by the law of sin and death]. For He who said, ‘Do not commit adultery,’ also said, ‘Do not murder.’ Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of the [Torah which now is a witness against you called the] law [of sin and death]. So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty [Torah].”

The grace in Torah is Yahweh’s provision of our forgiveness and redemption back to Him. This was preached long ago at Mount Sinai. It is called the Song of Moses and is what Jesus calls the Gospel. The Gospel explains all about the Kingdom of God. Jesus is the Gospel manifested in the flesh. He was crucified before Creation and walked as the Living Torah bringing redemption and grace to all down through the ages. This is the gift of grace and mercy offered to us. Jesus is the Song of Moses (Deuteronomy 31:22, 30; 32:44; Revelation 13:8).

Revelation 15:3 “They sing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying: ‘Great and marvelous are Your works, Lord God Almighty! Just and true are Your ways, O King of the saints!’ ”

The two songs are one and the same

Deuteronomy 30:10-16 “If you obey the voice of the LORD/Yahweh your God/Elohim, to keep His commandments and His statutes which are written in this Book of the Law [the Song of Moses – the Gospel], and if you turn to the LORD/Yahweh your God/Elohim with all your heart and with all your soul. For this commandment which I command you today is not too mysterious for you, nor is it far off. It is not in heaven, that you should say, ‘Who will ascend into heaven for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’ Nor is it beyond the sea, that you should say, ‘Who will go over the sea for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’ But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may do it. See, I have set before you today life and good, death and evil, in that I command you today to love the LORD/Yahweh your God/Elohim, to walk in His ways, and to keep His commandments, His statutes, and His judgments, that you may live and multiply; and the LORD/Yahweh your God/Elohim will bless you in the land which you go to possess.”

John 5:46-47 Jesus/Yeshua said, “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he [Moses] wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his writings [the Gospel, the Song of Moses], how will you believe My words/Torah?”

Mark 1:14-15 “Jesus/Yeshua came to Galilee, preaching the Gospel of the kingdom of God, and saying, ‘The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the Gospel [the Song of Moses]’”

Grace – Jesus/Yeshua, the Rock of our Salvation

Deuteronomy 32:15 “But Jeshurun [Israel] grew fat and kicked; you grew fat, you grew thick, you are obese! Then he forsook God who made him, and scornfully esteemed the Rock of his salvation [Yeshua].”

1 Corinthians 10:1-4 “Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all our fathers were under the cloud, all passed through the sea, all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, all ate the same spiritual food, and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ/Yeshua.”

1 Peter 2:7-9 “Therefore, to you who believe, He is precious; but to those who are disobedient, ‘The stone which the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone, and a stone of stumbling and a rock of offense.’ They stumble, being disobedient to the word, to which they also were appointed. But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light” (2 Samuel 22:47; Psalm 18:2-3,46, 62:7; 89:26; 95:1; Romans 9:33; Isaiah 28:16).

Matthew 16:18-19 “And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock [Yeshua] I will build My church/ekklesia, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

Unfortunately, through the ages man took ‘Jesus’ out of His Hebrew context. They tried to remove Yeshua by separating Him from His contextual Hebrew background. Christian history even removed Him from the Old Testament/Tanakh. By doing this Yeshua’s personal love letter to us was labeled law and His Marriage Covenant given to us by Moses was no longer part of His Grace. The Tanakh is His Grace to us and the New Testament is a commentary or testimony on that Grace. When we put Yeshua back into His Hebrew biblical context more Jewish people will be able to see Him as their Messiah and man will start to walk with God instead of separating Him from His Son. Yahweh and His Son are one. ‘The Word’ or ‘Scripture’ became living flesh (Deuteronomy 6:4; Mark12: 29; John 1:1, 14; 10:30; 17:21-22).

Yeshua fulfilled the purpose of the Word, which is to draw believers to Himself. He is the goal, purpose, result/telos of Torah. Grace is not a synonym for being done away with. The law is the shadow of Yeshua, a loving tutor meant to expose sin in our lives and reveal Himself to us. The law/Torah was never meant as a means of salvation. Only Yeshua, the author of the Torah, can save us. Yeshua’s words (at Mount Sinai, His teaching and instruction) will never disappear any more than He can disappear; they are filled with the Spirit and will always be our guide.

Matthew 24:35 “Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words [ALL Scripture from Genesis to Revelation] will never pass away.”

We are instructed to teach our children and those returning to Yahweh the message/the Gospel/the teachings of Yahweh that bring Life. When the Children of Israel 3,500 years ago stumbled over/disobeyed the message (of Moses), they missed the fullness of the Messiah and His blessings in His Word/Torah. It is the same for us today if we follow their same choices. This is why Moses was very careful to share the Word with the Children of Israel on the eve of entering the land. He talked to them in present tense, meaning this message of the Gospel is a living word - then and for those in the future (Hebrews Chapters 3 & 4).

Hebrews 13:8 “Jesus Christ/Yeshua Ha Mashiach is the same yesterday, today, and forever.”

Revelation 1:8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

1 Peter 1:10-12 “Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care, trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Yeshua in them was pointing when he [the Spirit of Yeshua] predicted the sufferings of Messiah and the glories that would follow. It [the Gospel given by Moses at Mount Sinai] was revealed to them [the prophets filled with the Spirit of Yeshua] that they [the Spirit filled prophets] were not serving themselves but you, when they [the Spirit filled prophets] spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the Gospel [The words given Moses - the Bride’s marriage covenant/ ketubah given at Mount Sinai] to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.”

Hebrews 3:7 to 4:11 “So, as the Spirit of Yahweh says: ‘Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion, during the time of testing in the desert, where your fathers tested and tried me and for forty years saw what I did. That is why I was angry with that generation, and I said, ‘Their hearts are always going astray, and they have not known my ways.’ So I declared an oath in my anger, ‘They shall never enter my rest’ (Psalm 95:7-11).

continues tomorrow...
Working...
X