Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use it.

Comment

What does it hurt to use it? What is the total $$$ amount in extra fuel using it vs. not using it, $5?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        What does it hurt to use it? What is the total $$$ amount in extra fuel using it vs. not using it, $5?
        Depends on how it works. In a 6.4 Hemi, it disables the economy mode which runs the engine on only 4 cylinders when not under load. Even without a trailer attached, it cuts 2-3 mpg. Of course that's nothing compared to the MPG cost when you've got 5 or 6000 pounds hooked up.

LWD

Comment

Go by feel.

Weight isn't the only factor, wind resistance also plays a part in how it handles the load and can affect how quickly you can get up to speed.

Comment

I only use it when I'm going under 55 to 60, when I'm highway I turn it off. 04 f150 woth 5.4

Comment

Have a friend that never used Tow/Haul and burned out his OD. I use it religiously. Small price to pay in gas consumption compared to a transmission job.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                Go by feel.

Weight isn't the only factor, wind resistance also plays a part in how it handles the load and can affect how quickly you can get up to speed.
                Exactly high-profile or heavy loads use the tow mode. If light weight or low profile will not kick it in.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Heck I use mine when not towing much less towing.
                  When not towing I’ll turn it on in traffic so it will hold gears longer instead of upshifting only to have to downshift next time traffic clears up, keeps the turbo lag from annoying me too much.

When towing I always have it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The dodge is detrimental to your transmission... lol

If I’m hauling anything I know is there I use it

Comment

Let the truck dictate whether or not in tow/haul. A heavy load on flat ground probably not. A light load that catches a lot of wind,maybe so. Pay attention to what the truck is doing.

Comment

I use it. My old man refuses to. He also puts the truck in drive while he's still doing 5 mph in reverse. Sometimes I wonder if we're actually related.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterB View Post
                          Have a friend that never used Tow/Haul and burned out his OD. I use it religiously. Small price to pay in gas consumption compared to a transmission job.
                          This, your OD will go. We just put a transmission in my wife’s Tahoe. Never pulled much over 4000#. Aluminum two horse trailer and a single mare.

Comment

Use it when you need it. Like going up a hill or from a stopped position. Once you fill the engine catch up, dis-engage it so it will kick into overdrive or more of an economy mode.

Comment

Always.

Skinny

Comment

Especially in a half ton, I would think tow/haul should be used any time anything is hooked up. A 3/4 or a 1 ton truck with a half-ton-towable load is a different story.

Comment

Working...
                                X