X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 four wheelers and rope.

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
      You can completely break a deer down with a sharp knife. Nothing more. As mentioned above, cut down behind the ears to the atlas joint. Sever the spinal cord, cut through all the neck meat and twist. You don’t need a saw or loppers to separate the hindquarters either.
      exactly.

I used to fool with saws and loppers until I learned how to use a knife.

Comment

.460 S & W or .338 Win Mag....

Comment

You can completely break a deer down with a sharp knife. Nothing more. As mentioned above, cut down behind the ears to the atlas joint. Sever the spinal cord, cut through all the neck meat and twist. You don’t need a saw or loppers to separate the hindquarters either.
          Sounds like we clean deer the same way

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
            Big loppers always work best for me. Cape down to base of head, circular cut around neck and lop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Same here

Comment

Yep no need for a saw or loppers period. Every joint can broken down easily and loppers create a dangerous situation.. Bones that's are crushed with loppers are VERY sharp..

Comment

Why do you take the head off? I thought they just went to the processer/taxidermist whole?

Well on second thought you gotta have a chain saw to take the whole, half of a deer to the taxi, so I guess I would say chainsaw if you're breaking it down that far.

Comment

Originally posted by macguyverberry View Post
                  Why do you take the head off? I thought they just went to the processer/taxidermist whole?

Well on second thought you gotta have a chain saw to take the whole, half of a deer to the taxi, so I guess I would say chainsaw if you're breaking it down that far.
                  I remove buck heads for euro mounts and skull-capped antlers. I remove doe heads and take them home with the tag attached as proof of sex. The rest of the deer gets quartered up and iced down shortly after it hits the ground. Tastes better that way

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                    Big loppers always work best for me. Cape down to base of head, circular cut around neck and lop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Same here

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
                      Knife, cut to the joint and twist off.
                      what he said ^^^^

Comment

With a knife is the way I like to do it. That spinal fluid comes out when you separate the joint. That’s how you know you hit the right spot. 8

Comment

I use big loppers, simple and quick.

Comment

A havalon and some rotational force

Comment

Case knife and twist off.... dont be a girl....

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                                Yep no need for a saw or loppers period. Every joint can broken down easily and loppers create a dangerous situation.. Bones that's are crushed with loppers are VERY sharp..
                                A dangerous situation? you do have a razor sharp knife in your bloody hand already and using the other one to hold the carcass still while you make your cuts. Can’t wrap my head around how loppers are any more dangerous than that.

Comment

Working...
                                X