No announcement yet.

Destin live thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No luck this morning. One blue fish on a spoon.

The craziest thing is besides the one pompano and a few small ladyfish, we haven't had anything hit live bait. Been soaking live pogie, mullet, and sand fleas since we got here and nothing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
      No luck this morning. One blue fish on a spoon.

The craziest thing is besides the one pompano and a few small ladyfish, we haven't had anything hit live bait. Been soaking live pogie, mullet, and sand fleas since we got here and nothing.

That's been my experience fishing the surf there. If you have a kayak, you can go offshore a little ways and catch plenty of fish.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
        That's been my experience fishing the surf there. If you have a kayak, you can go offshore a little ways and catch plenty of fish.
        I am majorly regretting not bringing my kayak.

Comment

Yeah I easily caught kings and Bonita within eye sight of the beach. It was a blast. I don't have a kayak but I rented one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            Yeah I easily caught kings and Bonita within eye sight of the beach. It was a blast. I don't have a kayak but I rented one.
            Panhandle, what did you catch the kings and bonita with from a yak?

Comment

Cooking up jambalaya tonight! Gonna be good sha!

Comment

Ate up some jambalaya! And caught a nice blue and some sharks this evening.

Comment

Nothing but a bunch of small sharks off the beach this morning. Need some size!

Comment

Sharks are more fun than what I caught form the beach there last week. I got torn up by pin fish and catfish. They inhaled anything I threw out. What was your bait?

Comment

Only 1 hard head, no pinfish. We are throwing spoons, and live mullet we are cast netting. Nothing touching sand fleas or fish bites since saturday evening.

Comment

If you get bored you might try fishing Western Lake up on 30A. I hear it's hit or miss, but you can supposedly catch everything from bass to red fish in that brackish water. We sat for about two hours one morning last week and caught a HUGE black drum and a 24" red fish. We missed two big bites and had something decent get off. The color on the red fish in that brackish water was absolutely stunning. We fished the gulf side of the east bridge.

We just used dead shrimp on pompano rigs on the bottom. Live shrimp would be fun I bet.

Comment

Originally posted by riverbowman View Post
                          If you get bored you might try fishing Western Lake up on 30A. I hear it's hit or miss, but you can supposedly catch everything from bass to red fish in that brackish water. We sat for about two hours one morning last week and caught a HUGE black drum and a 24" red fish. We missed two big bites and had something decent get off. The color on the red fish in that brackish water was absolutely stunning. We fished the gulf side of the east bridge.

We just used dead shrimp on pompano rigs on the bottom. Live shrimp would be fun I bet.
                          Thanks I'll look into that.

Comment

Caught about 40-50 small sharks this afternoon. Almost every cast. Kept a few decent ones and made shark tacos. Theu were delicious.

Kayaked some lady fish out about 300 and 500 yards on the big rods. Trying to channel my inner Poco!

Comment

Living well!

Comment

Flex what kinda sharks? What bait? I'm hoping to bring home some shark fillets or steaks when I go.

Comment

Working...
                                X