eurasian dove what gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eurasian dove what gun

going on a eurasian hunt this fall. kinda want to buy a new gun for the hunt. what gauge do yall prefer I usually use a 20 gauge citori for dove but I have not been on an eurasian hunt. I really hope yall talk me into a 28 gauge lol

I think a 10 gauge might be necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by stoic View Post
      I think a 10 gauge might be necessary.
      This. Lol

I’ve killed them with a 12 gauge but 6 shot seems to about the minimum I would use.

Comment

Take whatever would kill snow geese. Seems to be what it takes to kill those tough SOBs!

Comment

Man, screw the shotgun. I bust out the .577 Tyrannosaur. It cuts down on some of the lengthy tracking jobs.

Comment

6.5 cm

Comment

yall are 0 help lol

Comment

Its just a dove . We kill pheasants with 20 & 12 gauge
                7 1/2 shot

Comment

Benjamin airrifle 177 cal all day long in town lol !

Comment

I think you need a top of the line 28 ga in an auto or O/U of your choice & unless your man card has been taken away from you, and in that case she won't let you hunt anyways,you don't need to justify a gun for any reason or use!! LOL!

Comment

Eurasians are about the size of a large whitewing dove. Just a regular gun you would use on dove will work. But if you are needing a new gun just because, I have a new gently used Beretta 686 o/u 28 ga. for sale.

Comment

We shoot those things year around down here. I trained my lab shooting them. A 20 will work but they can take a couple shots at times. A 12 is fine. I use 7.5 with my 12 and 6 shot with my 20.

Comment

Yes, it requires a 28 ga. Preferably an over under, but an auto will get the job done, just with less class. Any thing bigger is not sporting enough, is that what you wanted to hear ? Now go get one.

Comment

I like shooting them with a 22. They have lots of feathers and go puff. But that isn't helping you. I think the size of shot and choke and are you pass shooting or over a field are more important.I like 7/5's and wouldn't go any smaller. If you can kill them with a 20 you can kill them with a 28. It's more about the guy that is doing the shooting. I started out with a double barrel 410 and shot just as many if not more doves and white wing as my brothers shooting 20's and still wonder why I thought I needed a 12. Having said all that I am one of those folks that when i get the bug for something new I know resistance is futile. I usually wind up buying it. I'm also not married and I have way more guns that one man needs. My father would roll over in his grave if he knew how many guns I have. Will you be a better shot with a 28. i don't know. What I do know is if you want one, can afford it then get it. the worst that can happen is you will sell it. Bottom line is they are doves. And if you can find them in a tree get out the 22. Puff!!! I also have a 10 gauge you can borrow.

Comment

Get a A Stevens 28 Gauge 30in barrels Mod/Mod

Comment

Working...
                              X