No announcement yet.

New Truck Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s good looking! I have a 14 and live it! What did you give on that puppy? Same price as a ford?

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
      nice, what type of mpg are you seeing?
      X2 on fuel mileage. Congratulations on the new ride. Looks great.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

I have a 1 ton single wheel average around 17 mpg. Nice truck

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
            nice, what type of mpg are you seeing?
            Right now, I am averaging about 16-17 but only have about 2500 miles on it and can't seem to keep my foot out of it on the hwy.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyOrtiz View Post
              That’s good looking! I have a 14 and live it! What did you give on that puppy? Same price as a ford?
              They wanted $64k after rebates but drove it out at $59k. Had a lot of equity in the 16' that I traded in and paid the difference so no financing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                I was around 16 before I went to the larger tires.
                I got the leveling kit but have not changed tires yet. What size did you go with, and how did that affect your mileage?

Comment

Originally posted by JP Weld View Post
                  I got the leveling kit but have not changed tires yet. What size did you go with, and how did that affect your mileage?

I have a leveling kit on mine with 275/65/18 and I get 14-16 around town and about 18 on the highway.. I got rid of the BFG ko2 and went to a cooper tire. Much better ride and way less noise. It doesn’t look “as” good but still sits up nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JP Weld View Post
                    I did the Cognito leveling kit with the replacement A-arms, and torsion keys, and I'm running 285/75r18s. I've only had them on since thursday, and I know the speedometer is thrown off now, so I'm not sure on mileage.

Comment

Nice truck !

Comment

Comment

I haven’t wanted a Chevrolet truck in awhile if I’m getting anything over a 1/2 ton, but that truck makes me change my mind.

Comment

Nice truck JP (and Dale). I have no use for a Duramax so I doubt I will ever own one, but I think they are awesome looking trucks.

Comment

I did the Cognito leveling kit with the replacement A-arms, and torsion keys, and I'm running 285/75r18s. I've only had them on since thursday, and I know the speedometer is thrown off now, so I'm not sure on mileage.
                              Looking good. I have a 16 I been wanting to level before I buy tires. Why did you go with that kit over the less expensive kits and if you don’t mind what did the leveling kit run? If you don’t want to say the price no worries just curious

Comment

Originally posted by fbchunter View Post
                                Looking good. I have a 16 I been wanting to level before I buy tires. Why did you go with that kit over the less expensive kits and if you don’t mind what did the leveling kit run? If you don’t want to say the price no worries just curious
                                I've had the Cognito kit on two previous trucks. On my '03 I used a cheaper kit and it ate front end parts and was rough. The Cognito kit uses replacement upper A-arms that correct the front end geometry when you raise the torsion bars, they re-locate the bump stop position so it doesn't beat you to death, and they come with a larger upper ball joint.

I got this kit put on for about $1900, that included the new upper A-arms, torsion keys, all 4 Foxx shocks, installation, and front end alignment.

Comment

Working...
                                X