Painting a barndo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painting a barndo

Can you paint a metal building. What would it cost to paint a 60 x 30 metal building. Not the roof

I think you would have to etch the existing paint to get other paint to stick to it. Vinegar would probably work but there are commercial products out there.

Comment

I was bored so I Googled it. Here are a few links with information. I cannot verify the accuracy as I have never done it, just sharing info I found.

Check out our Building for Life Blog for updates, insights, and tips from experts on designing and manufacturing steel buildings and components.

Painting a metal building improvesĀ aestheticsĀ but, more importantly, it also improves its durability and longevity. Metal roofs and exterior panels are know ...

Repainting steel building panels can be labor intensive. Done right, results are favorable with cost savings. Tips on how to prepare steel panels for repainting.

Comment

Warrington, I work for a metal refinishing company that specializes in painting metal surfaces. We dont paint residential properties but can certainly help.

Is the current metal painted and wanting to change the color? You only need to etch bare metal and I am guessing this metal is painted. If possible, pay the added amount to have the paint baked on, most likely will offer a 30 year warranty from factory.

Comment

Paint on metal will not stick very well unless you can find a way to bake it. Probably going to be difficult and expensive on metal that it already installed on a structure.

Comment

More than likely your panels already have a baked on paint. I work for a metal building company and we never recommend people to paint them, we have some people try and they have success, but you can just as easily paint them and have it flaking off in a couple of years.

Just curious, was the barndo already on a piece of property you bought? Or when you purchased it were there just no colors that fit your liking?

Comment

Call a Sherwin Williams store and get a reccomendation on etching primer

Comment

Working...
              X