Gun Show Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by randal View Post
    That's pretty much why I don't go to gun shows anymore..
    Originally posted by Radar View Post
    Used to be gun shows was the place to go. New gun prices were good, all styles and brands of guns. Reloading stuff was reasonable and gun trading could happen. I traveled all over Texas going to gun shows, buying, selling and trading.
    About 15 years ago I noticed a decline in antique guns and fair priced used ones. That trend continued to the point that they sell t shirts, stun guns and most other flea market garbage at them now. Reloading stuff and optics are priced beyond reasonable as well. Especially Saxet.
    I have not been to a gun show in a year or so, but noticed at the last one the same guys with the same guns, same high prices and same arrogant attitude.

Yep and Yep! Havent been in years now, pretty much pointless unless you can find one another individual is selling.

Comment

That's what has been going on at the Wichita Falls Gun show for years! Every now and again you can find a reasonable price, but it's like looking for a needle in a haystack!

When they raised to price of admission, I stopped going and haven't been back!

I think if you want to find a deal, just hang out outside and see what others are bringing to sale!

Comment

Originally posted by Robertt View Post
        I took my son to the Saxet gun show last weekend. The prices marked were retail plus. Do the vendors hope an idiot comes in and pays the price? Do they do this so when you negotiate you think your getting a deal? Several vendors had the Heritage 22LR pistol for $239 - $259. I bought my son the combo with the magnum cylinder and LR at Academy last year for $180.
        In general, gun prices have gone up though too. I bought a S&W Bodyguard in .380, with the laser and extended mag on Black Friday three years ago for $300. Now I see used ones with no laser or extended mag for $340 or more.

Comment

Gun Show Prices

I quit going for all the reasons already stated. They’ve become less ‘gun’ shows and more flea markets. I HAVE thought about going early some time and tailgating right by the entrance to talk with everyone walking in with stuff they’re looking to sell or trade. I think those people are about your best shot at finding something for a “good” deal. But it seems like a long shot and I can find better things to do with my time than spending the day hoping for an opportunity that’d save me a $50-$100 on a gun. Probably a good strategy for a guy looking to buy used stuff for resale, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I haven't been to a gun show for 25+ years simply because I'm never in a city when there is one. With this info, looks like it'll be another 25...

Comment

Same thing happens on GunBroker. That's why I bought BlueBook to get actual value not fear/panic pricing.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                Same thing happens on GunBroker. That's why I bought BlueBook to get actual value not fear/panic pricing.
                Blue Book can be your best friend or worst enemy...trust me on this.

Comment

LOL, I love gun shows. HUGE selection to choose from and I have never paid retail plus.

Comment

Here in Minnesota they suck also! One of the ones that I went to this spring only had 1 licensed dealer at it! But, it had a t-shirt dealer and somebody selling glass cutting boards. Really sad because this used to be a great show.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
                      LOL, I love gun shows. HUGE selection to choose from and I have never paid retail plus.
                      Where are these gun shows, I will come to them.

Comment

There are those dealers that everyone has already mentioned. Then there are two people I see at the SAXET shows in San Antonio that I really don’t understand.

One is the guy who got a table to show off his .50 cal. It’s not for sale, and to the best of my knowledge he’s not selling anything else. Just paid for a booth to show off his .50 cal. Don’t ask to touch it either.

The other guy sells TC barrels and won’t let you touch them either. I wanted to check a few out, and he got really short with me asking questions. I heard him tell his friend as I walked away something to the effect of, “Everyone wants to LOOK... I’m not here for people to look.” Well... I’m not just going to trust someone I don’t know. I want to see what I’m buying. I really wanted that .256 Win Mag he had last time I went. But he wouldn’t let me touch it, so I’m still looking.

All the best,
                        Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                          I still go to shows, to kill time and possibly find good deals.
                          No one like high prices, but then again you do not have to buy the item either.
                          After a while and the dealer sells nothing, he will have to evaluate the prices and selling strategies. Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay.
                          Agreed and also applies to some prices on the GS? The Son's and I have made some good deals for their collections on the GS but getting few and far between these days. Guns shows for me are just to kill some time as pricing does not match my criteria for USED items. Again, same thing on the GS...if it's shot ONCE, it's used no matter how much you say "almost NIB." Then there is the GS seller who get's PO'D if you question the price asked or the GS post that says "firm or goes back to the safe." Really, Really..."Come on Man!" That's a tactic that rarely works and most of us just walk away and maybe are polite enough to say Good Luck.

So, before I get perhaps trashed....I had Hunter's Paradise in Lubbock MANY years past and made more profit on used than ever on new but we knew how to trade and buy outright. In fact, new firearms were a lost leader for me as I made my profit on accessories, etc. Most dealers whether on the GS or retail location understand the "used" and what's it's worth to them at a profitable markup if acquired at a good price. It's all about condition, brand, caliber and demand...all that we normally take into consideration. If you buy "wrong" then it's time to wait until someone makes the deal if you are trying to recoup your investment. There's always those who won't do their research, never been in the business and are convinced they are aware of different criteria in selling or buying. One example are the various AR platforms whether 15 or 10. I'm amazed at some of the prices quoted, but again...if it works and sells then great for both seller and buyer.

Custom sales seem to take the biggest hit just from observations these days. Your idea of a "custom" may very well be NOT the view per price of the average procurer particularly if they are not as experienced with the upgrades or quality YOU paid and now are dealing with those looking for a great deal.

Personally I will always hope the Guns Shows don't go away as it's just another victory for the Anti Gun Fanatics? There are deals on accessories and sometimes on that ONE firearm one just has to have.

Oh well, it "is what it is," but some need to rethink if their sale is in line with reality?? Now, be nice in responses....I'm sensitive in my old age...

Comment

Gun shows used to be the place to get all the deals. Now its all about finding the hidden gems. And even those aren't much cheaper than retail price. The real deals are the random individuals that walk in trying to sell a gun in thir hands.

Comment

I enjoy going to them just to fart around. Seems like every time I go, which is probably once a year, I see something new that I think is pretty cool. Plus the people watching is pretty good........ lots of folks wearing howl at the moon T-shirt’s and what not.

Comment

Originally posted by cajuntec View Post
                                There are those dealers that everyone has already mentioned. Then there are two people I see at the SAXET shows in San Antonio that I really don’t understand.

One is the guy who got a table to show off his .50 cal. It’s not for sale, and to the best of my knowledge he’s not selling anything else. Just paid for a booth to show off his .50 cal. Don’t ask to touch it either.

The other guy sells TC barrels and won’t let you touch them either. I wanted to check a few out, and he got really short with me asking questions. I heard him tell his friend as I walked away something to the effect of, “Everyone wants to LOOK... I’m not here for people to look.” Well... I’m not just going to trust someone I don’t know. I want to see what I’m buying. I really wanted that .256 Win Mag he had last time I went. But he wouldn’t let me touch it, so I’m still looking.

All the best,
                                Glenn
                                I know of one dealer that “sits” up at San Antonio Saxet. Puts out used guns on his table and hardly ever makes a sale, as his prices are stupid. I have met him a few times at a local garage and he always tells me how bad the shows are.

The contender guy your talking about Glenn is he the old heavy set fella? Someone told me he ain’t there no more.

Comment

Working...
                                X