Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To Adjust Rem X Mark Trigger

Easy
    After adjusting and messing around with the Rem X-Pro trigger on my new Remington 700 SPS .308 for weeks, I finally ordered a new Timney Trigger last night. The X-Pro had gotten to the point that the pull was never consistant and much heavier than I like even with the set screw adjusted almost all the way out. Remington is so proud of this Trigger and I love the 700’s but this Trigger gots to go. I change to Timney on my other two 700’s but heard so much about this X Mark I thought I would give it a go. Sorry Remington. Great Rifle. Now it will have a better Trigger.

Xmark is junk. Changing it out is the best way.

Comment

You are half way to the Jewell. Keep trending that way. Ha.

Have never used the X-Pro, but Timney, Jewell etc. is the way to go.

Comment

I got to play with a Xmark recently and it wouldn't adjust below 4lbs with the screw backed out all the way. With a few easy mods it can be brought down to 2.5-3lbs but no lower. I took mine a step further and it breaks at just under 1.5lbs and rivals the base Timney trigger. It will never be a high end trigger do to the design though.

Comment

Here is a true sign that X Mark is cheap. $25 on eBay

It's got to go.

Comment

Step 1: remove trigger.
            Step 2: drop in a Timney.
            Step 3: enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ag_Attack View Post
              Step 1: remove trigger.
              Step 2: drop in a Timney.
              Step 3: enjoy.
              Just that easy.

Comment

Please check to see if it is part of the recalled triggers. If so, buy a Jewell. Not worth sending in and having them lose/tear up your gun.

Comment

Love me some Jewell but I have installed Timney in most of my Fire Arms and I love them as well They have performed WERE WELL.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas276 View Post
                    Please check to see if it is part of the recalled triggers. If so, buy a Jewell. Not worth sending in and having them lose/tear up your gun.
                    no Recall on this one. I did that send back a Rem 700, .243. 3 months. Not going to send anything back on a trigger.

Comment

Working...
                    X