Rv interior build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rv interior build

So I bought this RV and it needs work, I have gutted it so I can get to plumbing and electric, need some advice on plumbing how to cause I am clueless on it. Electric I got.

Who has some know how I know someone.

Comment

If you are replacing the plumbing completely, I would use Pex. Allows for bending, which reduces number of fittings required, fewer fittings means fewer potential leaks. I am redoing an airstream I bought from a guy here on the GS. You will need to buy crimp tool from home depot.

Comment

Pics!..and drain lines to be black pipe...

Comment

yes use the tubing for re plumbing the water.... I did one that started only 6' of copper... 34' later I replaced all the lines with copper... was pricey and tought to get it bent without kinking it up...

Comment

Will see what I can do about pics, I was thinking of the rubber tubing for cost and function.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
              Will see what I can do about pics, I was thinking of the rubber tubing for cost and function.
              PEX is the way to go, and you can use the push type fittings too..

Comment

I would go with the crimp fittings, while the push on fittings are good, in an RV the movement can allow the fittings to come loose. Go to Airforums.com (it is an airstream forum) but they have extensive information on plumbing, electrical, furnaces, air conditioning, etc, etc.

Comment

Use the crimp type will save you in the long run and remember if a leak starts after you get the insides back in it will not be as easy to get to. After you get it put togethet test under pressure for a couple of days. May also think about an out side faucet and a place to drain the entire system. Good luck.

Comment

and an outside shower...these are on ebay

Comment

if you are redoing all the plumbing remember to add and air compressor fitting to the back, so you can blow out the lines before freezing weather. Save your new plumbing.

Comment

All are great ideas, been planning on PEX. Worked on electrical today got two out of 10 working and 2 lights, would take pics but camera on phone is broke, thanks for all the advice and recommendations, going shopping tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                        X