Looking at buying a camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at buying a camera

Want to take shots of my kids playing their sports. ( Volleyball, Softball, an football). Also take to deer blind, pictures out to two hundred yards. Want to keep it around a grand. What should I be looking at as far as brand and or even model?

Canon T5i gets my vote. I have one and it is a great recreational camera. Very easy to use and get pretty good with.

Comment

The hardest part of what you want is something capable of 200 yard pics for your price range. My lens that is good for 100-maybe 150 yards was $700 by its self.

Comment

Your title should read more like a "looking to buy a lense" :-)

Even then, the lens id be happy with, doing what you need to do is more expensive than $1000.

Get a used camera like a 50d or 60d,and either save for a used 70-200mm or rent lenses.

Comment

Originally posted by meathunter View Post
          Want to take shots of my kids playing their sports. ( Volleyball, Softball, an football). Also take to deer blind, pictures out to two hundred yards. Want to keep it around a grand. What should I be looking at as far as brand and or even model?
          What's your budget for the new camera?

Comment

Pentax K-3 Prestige is a new camera, if interests you can learn something about it here

Comment

Originally posted by carson View Post
              What's your budget for the new camera?
              around 1k

Comment

Working...
              X