Carbon arrow questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon arrow questions?

Broke two of my good arrows today sooting long distance. Cabelas sales some arrows for 30 bucks. I want some cheap arrows to practice with. They are strainght fletched. They are marketed as compound arrows. 2 questions?

-will they fly ok out of recurve?

-will i need to refletch to a lw or rw helical?

one of the reviews i read said that this was the only arrow he used out of his traditional bows?

If the spine is correct for you bow there is no reason not to use them.. As for fletching... it's up to you, there really is no reason to use one over the other unless you shoot off your knuckle..

Comment

thanks javi, so the straight vains should be ok?

Comment

Originally posted by BIG_B View Post
        thanks javi, so the straight vains should be ok?
        I would refletch with feathers especially if you are shoooting off the shelf... plastic vanes and the shelf don't mix well..

Comment

feathers and helical would be best

Comment

I agree, feathers and helical would be much better.

Comment

Picked them up today. You can see the arrow kick up from the vane hitting the shelf then straightens out. I will be getting a fletching jig and feathers real soon. Any differnce in left wing/right wing?

Comment

A well tuned arrow no! A marginally tuned arrow left wing is better for a right handed shooter. However right wing is available more because compound guys use them to prevent there tips from unscrewing.

Comment

You did not mention either the draw weight of your bow or the spine of the arrow. The arrows need to be matched to your bow. That can be done by increasing or decreasing the point weight, or cutting the arrows off a little at a time if they are too soft.

ICS Bowhunter carbons are relatively cheap and, in my opinion, a really good arrow. About $57 per dozen delivered to your door from Bowhunter Super Store.

Wayne

Comment

Working...
                  X