Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joined the club today at the Dallas Safari Club Expo

Comment

I dont trust capital as far as i could throw em. Personal experience. Stay on their butt. Thats the polite version. Along time ago my transfer was complete. I called the atf to verify. Then i call capital about wheres my stamp and supressor. They wanted to play we havent received your stamp yet. The atf person told me who at capital signed for em. Capital told me they would look into it....3 weeks later they call saying my stamp had come. Never again.

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
        I plan to call Capital in the morning. From looking at various ATF wait times, 3 months and the check is still uncashed is way out of line with the averages. I'm squeaky clean so there's no way there's a hangup with background or anything like that.
        You gave them your own check? I just paid them $200 and they cut a check for me. Filed in mid august and they told me the check was cash the first week of September.

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
          I dont trust capital as far as i could throw em. Personal experience. Stay on their butt. Thats the polite version. Along time ago my transfer was complete. I called the atf to verify. Then i call capital about wheres my stamp and supressor. They wanted to play we havent received your stamp yet. The atf person told me who at capital signed for em. Capital told me they would look into it....3 weeks later they call saying my stamp had come. Never again.
          They were perfect on mine. Loved it and the simple process

Comment

2 form 4’s with 2 different dealers. Checks cashed 2/22/19. Got the call this morning from both dealers, stamps are in. 11 months from check cash date to pickup. Will update with stamp approval date when I pick them up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So I just called the ATF to check on my Form 4. The response was "Yeah. That was approved on November 20th."

I called the shop and they confirmed my stamp is there. I told them I wasn't notified. He said there was a note that a message was left. I went through my phone/email and have no messages from them.

I won't name the shop, because the intention of this post isn't to call anyone out or assign blame. It could have simply been something as simple as dialing a wrong digit when trying to contact me. The point of this post is to not be an idiot like me. STAY ON TOP OF IT. Call the ATF and ask. Call your shop and ask. Don't just assume you'll hear about it when it happens. Bonehead move on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                So I just called the ATF to check on my Form 4. The response was "Yeah. That was approved on November 20th."

I called the shop and they confirmed my stamp is there. I told them I wasn't notified. He said there was a note that a message was left. I went through my phone/email and have no messages from them.

I won't name the shop, because the intention of this post isn't to call anyone out or assign blame. It could have simply been something as simple as dialing a wrong digit when trying to contact me. The point of this post is to not be an idiot like me. STAY ON TOP OF IT. Call the ATF and ask. Call your shop and ask. Don't just assume you'll hear about it when it happens. Bonehead move on my part.

I agree you have to keep on top of it. The shop really has no motivation to hound you about it. They’ve had your money for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  I agree you have to keep on top of it. The shop really has no motivation to hound you about it. They’ve had your money for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  yup. I feel stupid. Excited....but stupid.

Comment

Mine took 6 months and 1 week

Comment

Originally posted by BCBHunter712 View Post
                      Most recent took me 11 months to get back. FEB 2019 through now.
                      Feb 2019 was when check was cashed?

Comment

I bought three cans last week. My last one took six months so curious to see how long these take. Hopefully they are in before September.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post

And stamps get lost in the mail, so there are times when your dealer has no idea it was approved either. If you hit a year, make the call to the ATF.

Now your shop probably should have tried to call more than once and maybe even emailed or texted you....

Comment

Check cashed 2/22/2019. Approved 1/13/2020. Can in hand 1/22/2020. 11 months exactly from check cash date to possession.

2 different form 4 trusts, 1 person on trust. Checks cashed same day, approved same day. 2 different dealers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2 Person Trust, Bought on 3/9/19, Approved 1/22/20, just sent the paper work to Capitol Armory for shipment.....so hopefully will have in hand 2-3 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                                And stamps get lost in the mail, so there are times when your dealer has no idea it was approved either. If you hit a year, make the call to the ATF.

Now your shop probably should have tried to call more than once and maybe even emailed or texted you....
                                same thing happened to me, was told they called to let me know. sat there for a month and a half

Comment

Working...
                                X