Laguna Atascosa Special hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laguna Atascosa Special hunt

They're doing two special firearm exotic hunts. Just posted to their Facebook Page about 45 minutes ago. April 7-8 and April 14-45. Will do 40 permits each hunt first come first serve. Permits available March 5-9 8am-4pm. Cash only, one permit per person

Units 3, 5, and 8

Originally posted by tward1604 View Post
    They're doing two special firearm exotic hunts. Just posted to their Facebook Page about 45 minutes ago. April 7-8 and April 14-45. Will do 40 permits each hunt first come first serve. Permits available March 5-9 8am-4pm. Cash only, one permit per person

Units 3, 5, and 8
    Dang that is a long way to drive, How early do you
    think you would have to get there to secure the spot?

Comment

40 is a lot of hunters on 3 units with rifles

Comment

probably real bad early. It's not worth the drive from Fort Worth just for a chance then to head back down for the hunt to me. Just sharing the info for folks that are closer.

Comment

So it's just basically a nilgai hunt? Are there any other Exotics out there?

Comment

Originally posted by pafdrn View Post
            So it's just basically a nilgai hunt? Are there any other Exotics out there?
            Just the Nilgai. If I was closer i2would give it a go for sure. Been twice, had one good hunt and one had terrible weather. Great eating animal too

Comment

They said unlimited Nilgai, Feral hogs, and Fallow...didn't know there were fallow there.

Comment

Originally posted by tward1604 View Post
                They said unlimited Nilgai, Feral hogs, and Fallow...didn't know there were fallow there.
                The park rangers say they have seen them several times over the last year or so. That would be a nice bonus to having a big Blue Bull in the truck on the way home.

Comment

So basically it's only open to folks who live in the Valley already (or MAYBE San Antonio) and people who happen to have that Monday off/don't mind flying down just to get the permit.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm totally going to drive down from SA and give it a whack. Just doesn't seem fair to the non-South Texas crowd. Laguna Atascosa is pretty middle of nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan-in-SA1 View Post
                    So basically it's only open to folks who live in the Valley already (or MAYBE San Antonio) and people who happen to have that Monday off/don't mind flying down just to get the permit.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm totally going to drive down from SA and give it a whack. Just doesn't seem fair to the non-South Texas crowd. Laguna Atascosa is pretty middle of nowhere.
                    What's wrong with that? This is the only place we really have to hunt on public land without having to drive hours and hours because we're so middle of nowhere down here.

Comment

What is the cost of a permit??

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                        What's wrong with that? This is the only place we really have to hunt on public land without having to drive hours and hours because we're so middle of nowhere down here.
                        Oh I don't know... maybe nothing is "wrong with it". I just wouldn't want for all of the state parks and refuges to do stuff like this.

Comment

I’ll be there with my fold out chair and ice chest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can I hire a local to help me haul one out
                            We gave a local part of a moose as payment for packing out

Comment

Awesome. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Working...
                              X