BEWARE of Propane Heaters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BEWARE of Propane Heaters

I came across this in the news this morning, beware of using propane heaters in your camp and always have Carbon Monoxide detectors with good batteries.

Very sad ordeal and thoughts go out to the family!

BROWN COUNTY, Texas (KTXS) - Three family members were found dead Saturday afternoon at a Texas deer camp – on a large ranch -- between the towns Brownwood and Bangs.Brown County Sheriff Vance Hill said the bodies were located about 1 p.m. inside a box tra

Just saw this on FB. So tragic...yet easily avoidable. You just assume most people know you have to have proper ventilation when using those type of heaters. I just don’t understand.

Sad situation.

Comment

Terrible. Prayers sent for the families

Comment

Sad story

Guy on the lease uses a mr heater buddy. Is this considered bad choice?

Comment

Originally posted by CoolArrow View Post
          Sad story

I’ve only heard these are safe, but who knows. Me personal wouldn’t chance it.

Comment

Didn’t say what kind of heater. Wonder if it was one of the old Dearborn heaters.

Sad deal for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Gas stoves and ovens will do the same thing.

Comment

Anything burning wood, propane, coal, butane, natural gas, kerosene, will produce carbon monoxide.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolArrow View Post
                  Sad story

Uses a Mr. Buddy how? Sitting in a stand with the windows open, its a great choice. Using one in a 20' camper with zero ventilation, terrible choice. I personally would not use this type of heater overnight in any type of living accommodation. If necessary, I'd buy a small generator to run outside and plug in a couple electric heaters. Burning propane indoors scares me.

Comment

Working...
                  X