How bad do YOU want to hunt???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How bad do YOU want to hunt???

So, since this is my first year in Texas and learning the draw system. I applied for at least a dozen different hunts that I could make if chosen. My question is this,......

How many draws do you typically apply for and how many have you actually won??? I can't wait to see what real world chances are!

I was drawn for archery at the chap this year, I had 11 points. With the new system I apply for about 30 hunts a year, bow and gun. This years chap hunt is the only hunt I have ever drawn.

It's luck that gets you a hunt with TPWD draw system.
    Last edited by Sideler; 08-24-2016, 03:54 PM.

Comment

I bet if you do a search using the "Search" feature on "Public Hunting Opportunities", you will come up with several threads that will answer your question.

But then and again, others wouldn't get to post, or increase their post count.

Comment

I'm currently 3 draws out of 23 applications this year. Plus some stuff is still pending. I have a lot more applications to send too.

I was one draw for 57 applications last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          I bet if you do a search using the "Search" feature on "Public Hunting Opportunities", you will come up with several threads that will answer your question.
          This is true, but nothing beats good old fashioned conversation. I rather enjoy being part of the conversation.

Comment

Sounds to me like I need to put in some more applications if I want a real chance!!!

Comment

I have noticed people over the last few years getting drawn for multiple hunts in the same year. I find that odd with the chance of being drawn for one hunt in a year being so low.
              Last edited by Sideler; 08-24-2016, 04:04 PM.

Comment

So how does the loyalty points system work? The more points you have, the better the odds???

Comment

There are a lot of threads about this and even a great one that breaks down statistics. I'll say that in my experience odds are not good but I still try every year. That being said there is some public land that is huntable as long as you're willing to put the work in

Comment

Working...
                  X