No announcement yet.

Divorce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The things that both of you would need to do to make it work forever if you get back together are the exact same things you and some other woman would have to do to make a relationship work forever. God at the center of both your lives and your relationship, both of you working hard to be a loving spouse for the other (rather than one or both of you being self-focused), etc....

It can happen for any two people IF (BIG "if") both are committed to that and put in the effort to learn and grow in the relationship and don't consider divorce to be an option. If either or both people have an attitude of, "we'll give it a shot, but if it doesn't go well then we'll divorce"..... It'll end in divorce.

Comment

I will pray for God's will to be done....He may have other plans for you both.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
        The things that both of you would need to do to make it work forever if you get back together are the exact same things you and some other woman would have to do to make a relationship work forever. God at the center of both your lives and your relationship, both of you working hard to be a loving spouse for the other (rather than one or both of you being self-focused), etc....

It can happen for any two people IF (BIG "if") both are committed to that and put in the effort to learn and grow in the relationship and don't consider divorce to be an option. If either or both people have an attitude of, "we'll give it a shot, but if it doesn't go well then we'll divorce"..... It'll end in divorce.
        Shane, you sir do have a way with words!

OP, this too is SOUND advice!

Comment

I got a dog when I started missing my ex
          Much better friend and no bi##hing at all

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Shane, you sir do have a way with words!

OP, this too is SOUND advice!
            Dont he though?

Comment

Had a friend of mine in HS who’s parents divorced after 18 yrs of marriage. They got back together and remarried after 3 years apart. They have been married for 15 years and are going strong. It may be rare but it can happen.

Ps their second marriage was built around the church and I believe that’s why it has worked as well as it has.

Comment

Don’t drink and type! Yes I will!

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                  Take her out on a date
                  Take her on several. Don't take her to bed

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    This is SOUND advice. If your wife is open to uniting that bond between the two of you, the glue that will hold it together is Christ. And Christ has told husbands to love their wife as He loved the church. Put her above all others. How did Christ love? He was a servant. He took the initiative to care for His church. If your wife is open to being loved like that, and you are open to loving like that, it will work, and work beyond your wildest dream. If either side is not willing to be all in, then it will only cause the both of you misery. If indeed you have "changed" as you have suggested, she needs to know that... Best way other than to tell her, is to show her... If you share a son, love on the son to the point he can't help but tell his mom about it and that he sees the change in you... He is indeed the strongest link/bond between the 2 of you. Strengthen that bond. Just a suggestion, but it's a good place to start... First of all it MUST start with God through His Son Jesus Christ.

I will pray God's will in this for the two, no 3 of you. You are a good man to want your family united.
                    Well put

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
                      I am a firm believer.......1st time shame on you.......2nd time shame on me.

Yep

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X