Project 96' 12 valve 4x4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project 96' 12 valve 4x4

Prior to my son joining the Army, he was in full blown party mode. He went to Lt Leanard Wood Mo. and has been gone many months as he moved straight into AIT for Military Police from boot. Recently his new wife suggested we fix his truck. Right before he went in, he lad the truck over on its side offroading. So it was a challenge. I have friend that is a good body guy, he looked at it and suggested parting it out.... So proceed we will. This is what my buddy has to work with
    Attached Files

After some hard work and finding out the cab was bent. Rand, the body man got the new doors to fit to almost stock looking lines...this is the end result. Flatblack per sons thoughts spoken to his wife. I have new gloss black rims coming and wrapping them with 35x12.5 x 17's mud grips. We are painting the front bumper and bed gloss black. We did the intererior floor and back wall with black herculiner. His wife used vinyl paint to color change the dash to black. Seat covers are silver with black centers neaprene. Old truck should be rollong coal by next weekend
    Attached Files

Comment

Much better

Comment

Finished product
        Attached Files

Comment

nice

Comment

Thx. I think it came out good. I still have to finish the exhaust but I can do that after he gets home. I was running behind getting the bed welded on and getting the new LED lights wired up. We plan on parking it in a restaurant parking lot that we all
            Are meeting at. Curious if he will recognize as his old truck ��

Comment

Good job dad! Thank your son for his service! Take pics once he realizes its his and his eyes light up!

Comment

That's nice. Good job.

Comment

Did you slide the plate and increase timing?

Comment

Sweet nuts that thing looks great. That makes me want to start playing with my 2010. Great job the boy should love it.

Comment

Well done sir. Thanks to your son for his service.

Comment

Originally posted by AddisonOil View Post
                        Did you slide the plate and increase timing?
                        I have not but I know he has it turned up. I am not sure what all he did to it TBH. He worked as a mechanic prior to joining the Army. The last shop he was at the owner, specialized in the 5.9/ 6.7 trucks.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments. I will be showing him this post after we show him the truck. We will be taking a video of his reaction ��
                          We get to see him today and has OUST Graduation tomorrow, then head home. Truck reveal on Friday

Comment

Truck turned out pretty dang nice. Im sure he'll be real excited about it!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm in to see the reaction. Thanks for his service.

Comment

Working...
                              X