Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening to whenever. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

First Turkey Hunt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Turkey Hunt!

So I’ve only been hunting for about 2 years now, and so far I’ve taken down a spike and a couple of hogs with my bow. This year, my goal is a turkey! Though my initial desire was to bow hunt him, I’ve decided to wait until I have more practice rather than risk injuring him, so I’m going with a shotgun.

Today was the first morning of my hunt. I’ll be at it for the next 7 days and my determination is high! This mornings hunt, though unsuccessful, was still an adrenaline rush! I got 2 gobblers within 40 yards and if OnLY there weren’t a tree in my way.... grrrr They ended up circling around me and came up behind me at about 30 yards but I just couldn’t get a shot as their little heads kept popping up randomly. Either way, it didn’t matter, it was SO exciting nonetheless.

Only 3.5 more hours and I’ll be back out there for round two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

choot em in da face! Good luck on your next hunt.

Comment

have fun, it can be very addicting

Comment

Good luck!

Are you decoying? Hunting over a feeder? In a pop-up or just tucked under a tree? What kinda calls are you using?

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
              Good luck!

Are you decoying? Hunting over a feeder? In a pop-up or just tucked under a tree? What kinda calls are you using?

No decoys, no feeder, just propped up under a tree. Got a couple calls, chatterbox and a screamer. If it gets too hard towards the end I plan to try a decoy.

Comment

good luck thunder chickens have my heart

Comment

Evening was unsuccessful and got a little lost getting out of the woods LOL

Seems to be better in the mornings.... so I’ll be out there at 630A for Day 2!

Comment

Good luck tomorrow, see if you can put them to bed this evening and find where they are roosting for tomorrow's setup.

Comment

What a beautiful morning to be in the woods, if only it weren’t so windy. I got on 2 gobblers this morning - no call, they just walked right on in. I took a shot at one of them and MISSED! [emoji30] Oh! The agony!! Tried calling them back, but yea.... we all know that wasn’t gonna happen. Went and set up a few miles down and nothing for the rest of the morning. Even though it was unsuccessful, still having a blast! [emoji884]

Comment

Spring turkey hunting is great.
                        Good luck.

Comment

Comment

Weather is gorgeous..... now I just need me a turkey and I’ll be set!

Comment

Where are you hunting?

Comment

Working...
                              X