How much for rock on house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much for rock on house?

Anyone want to guess the Sq/ft of rock on this house? What would be a good price range for all the masonry work?

The left side elevation the rock goes all the way up but that's the only rock around the bonus room upstairs.

1700sqft ish
    $17,000 ish

Comment

What is the roof pitch? If you will give me a little time I can give you a good figure. This is what I do for a living.

Comment

Originally posted by pyrobow View Post
        What is the roof pitch? If you will give me a little time I can give you a good figure. This is what I do for a living.
        Not sure on the pitch. Just looking for a couple guestimates.

And how much per sq/ft does it usually run?

Comment

mine was 4.50 a sqft for labor a few years ago

Comment

Some years ago we paid $7.50 per sq ft. for rock and labor but I would guess it is closer to $10 now. Hunt247 is probably close on his price estimate. What kind of stone? Do you already have a stone mason in mind?

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
              Some years ago we paid $7.50 per sq ft. for rock and labor but I would guess it is closer to $10 now. Hunt247 is probably close on his price estimate. What kind of stone? Do you already have a stone mason in mind?
              I did but his quote was over 19k

Thought it would be less. I was prepared for 12-13k

Comment

Three years ago I was $5/ft just for labor.

Depending on the stone being used, size, cut and lay, price can fluctuate.

We were doing chopped limestone in 8, 10, 12 and 14s. And $5 was a steal.

Comment

Give Johnny Miller a call in Goldthwaite. Not sure about his prices but does an exceptional job.

Comment

Tim. Lots of things change price. But guy told me depending on cuts stone etc $5-$10 foot

Comment

Basic stone cost $2.50 A square. Other stone can run up to 4.50 a square. Basic stone would be white, cream with maybe some color in it. Anything above 10" tall could cost more both mortar and labor. Other materials ie mortar anchors and such about 2.50 a sq. Not sure about labor. 4 to 5 would be my guess in reaidental for. Total 9.50 to 11. I am in commercial masonry. It is running 12.50 to 14 for basic stone.

Comment

Limestone will be around 80-90 a ton sandstone a little more. If I remember right 45 sq feet per ton.

Comment

45 a ton is a stretch. 40 to 42. On most local stone.

Comment

Are you building this house in Leander? I’ve built a couple of houses in that area over the last year or so and I think $6 a foot should be safe with limestone. Let me know if you want the contact info for the rock guy I use if you want another bid.

Comment

The particular stone you use will make the price vary quite a bit. In the Austin area, the Austin and hill country quarried stones should be very cheap. Based on very little freight miles. Some of the stuff from lueders will be more due to freight, and the stuff from Oklahoma which is really pretty, and a harder stone, will cost more due to freight, and added cost of quarrying and chopping harder material. There's some coming out of Idaho and Pennsylvania too, but it's almost always cost prohibitive here in the UST.

40sq ft per ton is a safe bet, 2.5 bags of mortar per ton, I wouldn't even want to guess on labor outside of my area of operation.but you don't want to get too cheap on a mason, they can make or break the look of a stone job.

Some of these prices from Austin guys are making me jealous of what we have to charge due to freight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X