Less than two weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Less than two weeks

Who's flingin broadheads? Wearing some huntin clothes in practice? What's it gonna take for the trad guys to release an arrow. I'm releasing on a doe if possible. A pig maybe, or a turkey. Saving the bucks for the kiddos. Or maybe not. Just depends on the mood. Good luck to all, and may god be you!

Just fractured the middle knuckle on the ring finger of my string hand today. Nothing serious but sore. No heavy clothes yet as that weather is a bit off. Don't like my kids well enough to let them shoot my buck. Second grandson due any day and the daughter knows it needs to happen soon if she expects me to see him before he's three months old. [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Other than using the hunting bow for practice, I'm not flinging any broadheads until summer goes away. I did start shooting with the quiver full of arrows mounted to the bow. It looks like all that I need is some cooler weather and an unlucky buck to walk past. I did shoot about a dozen times with a dull broadhead last month and they fly like the fieldpoints so I probaby won't cut my target up with many more. I also cannot bear to think about wearing long pants and hunting boots just yet.

Comment

I start out in shorts and sneakers anyhow.

Comment

^ Chiggars much. LOL
          I wear longpants but T-shirts and face mask. Like many others, I shoot broadheads and filedpoints year round. Being two weeks away doesn't change much about practice, but it sure does make me feel a bit more edgy/restless. 100 or -10 I am in. "Put me in Coach!!"

Comment

Hopefully I'll nail my first buck on the opener. Ive been hammering my tarhet out to 60 perfect broadhead tuning done. I'm ready let's hope that my target buck participates with me.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
              Hopefully I'll nail my first buck on the opener. Ive been hammering my tarhet out to 60 perfect broadhead tuning done. I'm ready let's hope that my target buck participates with me.
              With traditional equipment?

Comment

Originally posted by RS3 View Post
                With traditional equipment?

No, I didn't realize this was for the trad only guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use a sulphur sock.

Comment

Sometimes I think the anticipation of opening weekend is better than the hunt in but there's no place I'd rather be.

Comment

I'm in for a doe. But if a target buck shows up, its on! Oh, and I'll shoot a pig at Sunday School. Hate em!

Comment

Normally I'm pretty picky about the bucks I shoot, usually a doe or two. But this, I'll be shooting as many as legally allowed. Got a new tracking dog and want to get her on as many live tracks as I can.

LD

Comment

Originally posted by KenWood View Post
                          Who's flingin broadheads? Wearing some huntin clothes in practice? What's it gonna take for the trad guys to release an arrow. I'm releasing on a doe if possible. A pig maybe, or a turkey. Saving the bucks for the kiddos. Or maybe not. Just depends on the mood. Good luck to all, and may god be you!
                          Yeah I cant wait to get some brown on the ground . Been using only broadheads for about a month to practice. 2 weeks !!!

Comment

Practicing with Broadheads now they are flying well and I am ready for the hunt. I lay dormant all year and come alive at deer season. I think the scowl is going away and a faint smile has taken it's place. Yeah !!!!

Comment

I have been flinging broadheads for a while now. Hitting just like my field points. I am more than anxious for 9-30-17. Last year my shoulder was so jacked up I could not even pull my bow so I have some catching up to do. First legal deer becomes my first target unless a pig happens by.

Comment

Working...
                              X