Archery Club of Young County's May Fun Shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Archery Club of Young County's May Fun Shoot

Well folks, it's that time again! Time for the monthly fun shoot at the Archery Club of Young County in Graham! I invite you to come enjoy the fun & fellowship of our club this Sat/Sun (14/15th)!

With the help of our club's landowner ( a big thanks to Jimmy for working the bulldozer!) and some of our club members manning the chainsaws, brushtrimmers, axes, pruners, and sledgehammers......major changes have came about! And WOW! what a difference!

We've been working hard on the new course and I know everyone will not only be challenged, but also have a really good time shooting the course. There is a great variation of different types of shots set up to cure the need of a little bit of everyone.

We had what I considered to be a really good course with some challenging shots....but now......WOW! What a change! One of our other big changes aside from the landscape is the additional 3D targets we picked up from the Paris shoot. I cannot wait to shoot these guys in their newly cut locations!

If you think I'm tooting the horn for the club, you can bet your last dollar that I am! For those who enjoy a fresh new course, come on out and give it a whirl! We're always glad to see new faces! It's always a pleasure to see my brethren from the pages of TBH show up and have a good time.

We will probably be have our registration/safety meeting start @ around 9:30/10am, with the shoot kicking off around 10:15/10:30am. Non-members fee: $15 & members fee: $7.50.

A total of 30 targets will be set up......known 15 and unknown 15. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to post up and I'll answer as best I can.

Greg
    940-456-3857

The range is located outside of Graham about 4-6 miles on Hwy 67. If you came in from the Jacksboro area (hwy 380), continue west through the light at the intersection of Elm/380. This will take you past the park (which would be on your right) and carry you out on Hwy 67 (Breckenridge Hwy).

If you were to come from the Weatherford/Mineral Wells area......come on into downtown and turn left on 4th St. (the courthouse will be on the left corner). Continue through the light at 4th/Oak, and continue until you come to "Y" and stay to the left. The VFW will be on your right at this point and the Livestock Auction yard will be across the highway from the stop sign. Take a left, this is Hwy 67 (Breckenridge Hwy). Now go out 4-6 miles and watch for the banner in the right barditch at the gate.

Again, the entrance gate will be on your right about 4-6 miles out and will be clearly marked with our banner. We do have to keep the gate closed, to ensure that no cattle sneak past us and out onto the hwy. We try to get them all moved off & into the back of the property, but occassionally find a stragler or two, so when you come in......please close the gate behind you.

For those that don't shoot 3D on a regular basis, a good item or two to bring with you is at the bare minimum, a small bar of soap or some type of lubricant to aid in removing the arrows from the targets. This helps tremendously when it comes time to pull. And also, a good pair of binoculars come in handy too.

Have a great work week and I look forward to seeing everyone and having a great time!

Greg

Comment

ttt

Comment

Working...
      X