R-410A Refrigerant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R-410A Refrigerant

Crazy expensive we had to have 5 pounds added to our system $200. For the 1st 2lbs, $40. Each additional pound you can buy 25lb dang bottle for $120.-$150. Man I’m in the wrong Business, These guys are making $1500+ a bottle. Wow.

Try to get r22 added to your system

Comment

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
      Crazy expensive we had to have 5 pounds added to our system $200. For the 1st 2lbs, $40. Each additional pound you can buy 25lb dang bottle for $120.-$150. Man I’m in the wrong Business, These guys are making $1500+ a bottle. Wow.
      Did they charge you for the actual labor separately? I can see $200 easy, but not just for refrigerant. But hey they will get away with what they can.....

Comment

I believe I have a leak in mine. Delta T is only 7 degrees. Have a guy coming tomorrow morning. When I scheduled I told him to work me in when he can, as long as there is no extra fee to get in quicker, I will wait. Also talked a bit with him to let him know Im not one of the rich guys, and I know a ( little ) bit about it. I guess we will see what happens.

Comment

$84.For spring maintenance that's what I had him here for because it was not cooling grate found it needed Freon, The total to add 5lbs $324. =$408.

Comment

$84.For spring maintenance that's what I had him here for because it was not cooling grate found it needed Freon, The total to add 5lbs $324. =$408.

And it probably took him about 10 minutes too!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
              Try to get r22 added to your system
              I'd be dancing in the street if I could get R-22 for $40 per pound.

Comment

Did anyone find a leak on these systems that refrigerant was added to? Seems like you would want to keep that expensive refrigerant in your system. Most a/c companies getting more than $100 for r-22. R410A is fairly cheap.

Comment

Yea if you have to have 4-5 pounds added, you have a major leak some where.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                    Yea if you have to have 4-5 pounds added, you have a major leak some where.
                    Yes Sir,
                    Outside coil is leaking.

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
                      I talked to my ac guy about changing my aging R-22 system over to a new R-410A system. I asked if he would give me a credit for the R-22 he recovered from the old system. He said sure at $10/lb. Not sure what they have to do to reuse R-22 but it sounds like a great deal to buy for $10/lb and sell for $100/lb.

Comment

Yes Sir,
                        Outside coil is leaking.
                        Yeah and that money you just put into that freon to be added will be gone soon when it leaks again.

Is he replacing the coil? Did he find the leak and seal it? Quoting you a new unit or system?

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                          I talked to my ac guy about changing my aging R-22 system over to a new R-410A system. I asked if he would give me a credit for the R-22 he recovered from the old system. He said sure at $10/lb. Not sure what they have to do to reuse R-22 but it sounds like a great deal to buy for $10/lb and sell for $100/lb.
                          I'd take that deal and run. From what I know of reklaim company's aren't paying anyone that much for used R22.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                            Yeah and that money you just put into that freon to be added will be gone soon when it leaks again.

Is he replacing the coil? Did he find the leak and seal it? Quoting you a new unit or system?
                            yes, he found the leak in the outside unit, and Quoted a new unit and or new system. we are going to hold off on tell winter on less it leaks out 1st. hoping it makes it to winter.

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
                              You can buy it yourself for less than that. It cost me 80 a lb a couple of weeks ago

Comment

Working...
                              X