Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put the pistol away Larry we're shooting docks not deer!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put the pistol away Larry we're shooting docks not deer!!

My friend Rick Lambert was in town with his buddies Jim Zumbo and Larry Weishuhn for the NRA convention and wanted to go catch some crappie so we headed to Palestine yesterday. Been so busy everywhere else I've only been on the lake twice this year briefly but hammered em quick last Wednesday evening. Well this trip was not the same! Had to move constantly picking up one or two here. Did pretty good on one pile and 2 docks. None of them had ever done any dock shooting before! I was shooting it under the dock and passing rods out for a while but Larry wanted to catch his own and he did! He had it down pretty quick with my 5'8" Bonehead! I need to pick up another one of those soon! Ended the trip with 38 crappie and a big hybrid I couldn't talk Zumbo into throwing back. Least he tossed back the goo he caught! We caught undersized hybrids all over the lake. Probably had close to a dozen! Trashfish taking over my good crappie piles. Boo. Fun day none the less!! I gotta keep in mind my bad days are usually not other people's bad days!! Good stories. Good food and good company in Gods creation! Nothing wrong with that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dang Larry looks bad.

Comment

The red turned to grey. Good trip!

Comment

Great pic

Comment

I hope he's a better shot with a rod than a pistol.

Comment

Bet that was a blast with that bunch! Good fishing!

Comment

good stuff

Funny how addicting Crappie can be

Comment

Looks like a great time was had by all.

Comment

good times!

Comment

Comment

Good times.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                        dang Larry looks bad.

He fell off a hillside the other day chasing auodad. Messed up his knee and got a black eye out of the deal I guess! It was rough out there on the lake. They all hung in there pretty good for old farts!

20MPH winds and fishing main lake brush is a tough combo....

Comment

I worked with Rick many years ago... he's an interesting dude. Good stuff putting them on fish.

Comment

I sure do miss fishing Palestine. My grandparents had a place across the 'bay" from the Berryville Marina. I'm not sure that's even there anymore. They bought the place before the lake filled up. They built a nice long dock, boathouse, put brushpiles out at the end of the dock and around the boat house. We used to catch the crappie like nobody's business.

And that's the only lake I've ever seen black bass schooling like whites. Talk about fun!

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                              dang Larry looks bad.
                              He shoots worse

Comment

Working...
                              X