TV Antenna Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV Antenna Connection

We are weaning off satellite and cable TV. Our newer TV's have only HDMI and Ethernet signal connections. The antenna we bought for over the air signals uses coax for the signal. What widget do I need to convert from coax to one of the available inputs.
    Last edited by kmitchl; 03-04-2018, 06:28 AM.

Maybe I am missing something but here goes. I just ordered a TV antenna. We had Direct TV with the small dish.

It appears all that needs to be done is remove the dish and place the coaxial plug into the antenna. You can even leave the dish on there and just use the arm that sticks out from it. Pretty simple from what I have seen on Youtube etc.

Not sure I helped any but best of luck.
    Last edited by CrookedArrow; 03-04-2018, 07:41 AM.

Comment

What's the model number of your TV? I've installed many TV's for work and I've never seen a TV that didn't have a coax connection for off air TV.

If it doesn't have a coax connection you will need to find a TV tuner that has an HDMI output and use that to change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Marion View Post
        What's the model number of your TV? I've installed many TV's for work and I've never seen a TV that didn't have a coax connection for off air TV.
        Tv’s are Visio E65-1. There is no coax connection on these.

Comment

I looked at the manual for this TV and I found this statement in there.

How do I watch Cable/Antenna TV channels?

If you subscribe to cable or satellite, simply connect an
          HDMI cable (not included) to the receiver.

If you use external antennas to watch local broadcast
          channels, a TV tuner is required and is sold separately by
          third parties.

So this is your answer. You will have to purchase an external TV tuner and connect that to one of your HDMI inputs to watch off air TV.

Comment

When all else fails read the directions! TV tuner is in my future. Plus most of the tuners I’ve looked at allow recording programs off the air.

Comment

Working...
            X