Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 11-14-2017, 09:12 AM   #1
IDFWU
Six Point

Hunt In: Pearsall, Uvalde
Default If you are against medical MJ...watch this.

I personally do not partake and never have but I'm for complete legalization and after seeing this on another website yesterday, I could honestly say, if this were my kid there is NOTHING i wouldn't do to get him the medicine he needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dXbIO08ovc

This was literally one of the scariest yet mind boggling thing I've seen in a long time.
IDFWU is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 09:15 AM   #2
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Give me a break.

Here we go... Get out the popcorn.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 09:18 AM   #3
Texastaxi
Pope & Young

Hunt In: now accepting invitations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Give me a break.

Well, tell us why it doesn't work like that, Dr. Buzzkill.
Texastaxi is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 09:18 AM   #4
sectxag06
Eight Point

Hunt In: Eldorado

Quote:
Give me a break.

huh?
sectxag06 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 09:22 AM   #5
Shinesintx
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Franklin County

CBD is legal in Texas. Storefronts should be opening soon. CBD does not get you high...but works really well on seizures. My kid had seizures for a few years but outgrew them. If you’ve never seen one in person, trust me, you’d do anything to help your child. The current medicines that are used for seizures are extremely harsh and have lots of side effects. They literally can change your child’s personality and affect the child’s ability to learn.
Shinesintx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 09:23 AM   #6
thorthunder
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mainly Guide Now

A year ago I was in the {they just want to get high camp}

I have jumped to the other side of the ranch.

It really does have a place in today's world.....
thorthunder is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 09:23 AM   #7
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

That stuff is bad for your heart
But I do see how a tiny percentage of people with rare conditions could use it
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 09:25 AM   #8
PBUCKSHOT
Ten Point

Hunt In: Three Rivers, Tx

Man that vid breaks my heart. Thanks for the reminder to send thanks to the man upstairs for my healthy children and pray for those who go through this daily. Im with you, I would do whatever it took.
PBUCKSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 09:30 AM   #9
Hi-Lonesome
Four Point

Hunt In: TX Panhandle

MJ does and can help a lot a people with a lot of different problems serious or not. Putting a person in locked cage for possessing a plant is a more heinous crime than the act of smoking said plant. Just my $0.02!
Hi-Lonesome is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 09:31 AM   #10
tex4k
Ten Point

Hunt In: Reagan, Upton, Crockett, and Uvalde counties

Even if they just wanted to get high, who the heck here is so all powerful that they get to decide what another person can or cannot do. Be sure to give that some thought while your icing down your 30 pack to go get your relax on.
tex4k is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 09:36 AM   #11
IDFWU
Six Point

Quote:
Give me a break.

Are you going to offer anything intelligent?
Old 11-14-2017, 09:37 AM   #12
UrbanBuck
Eight Point

Hunt In: DCNF, SHNF, CROCKETT

I partake and **** proud of it! Even makes me a better hunter.... : ) Anyone against it is just brainwashed. It's a complete sham. When have you ever heard of someone getting cancer from smoking pot or driving and killing someone bc they were stoned?? Better yet when have you heard of someone being violent when on JUST POT?? All you high horseman go drink your 30 pack , have fun with that hangover tomorrow : )
UrbanBuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 09:39 AM   #13
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wyoming and Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBUCKSHOT View Post
Man that vid breaks my heart. Thanks for the reminder to send thanks to the man upstairs for my healthy children and pray for those who go through this daily. Im with you, I would do whatever it took.
Me and you both buddy ! When my five year old was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes we thought it was the end of the world. After seeing those other kids at Childrens in Dallas, we were thankful for ďjustĒ diabetes.

Donít worry about River Rat, heís just burdened with all that superior intellect that he feels he must share. Heíll be ok as soon as the swelling goes down !
Drycreek3189 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 09:41 AM   #14
Acameron52
Ten Point

Hunt In: Coleman

I think they just need to legalize the crap, let’s make some money off of it. It doesn’t matter either way because I won’t be able to partake with my career for the next 25 years, but I wouldn’t anyway. I can say in my daily life I run into a lot of drunks and potheads... and the potheads are always MUCH happier and easier to get along with.
Acameron52 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 09:43 AM   #15
slicktricker
Ten Point

Hunt In: Grayson Co Public Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDFWU View Post
Are you going to offer anything intelligent?
Does he ever?
slicktricker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 09:44 AM   #16
jer_james
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBuck View Post
I partake and **** proud of it! Even makes me a better hunter.... : ) Anyone against it is just brainwashed. It's a complete sham. When have you ever heard of someone getting cancer from smoking pot or driving and killing someone bc they were stoned?? Better yet when have you heard of someone being violent when on JUST POT?? All you high horseman go drink your 30 pack , have fun with that hangover tomorrow : )
You shouldnt be driving if you're high.

That being said, tax it and lets move on.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 09:48 AM   #17
Wall_Hanger
Ten Point

Hunt In: Victoria & Re„l county

My old neighbors little boy got the herpes virus from someone kissing him while he was an infant (look it up, its scary stuff). The virus spread to his brain and ate a hole in it. He now suffers from pretty severe seizures and it absolutely terrifying. I don't have kids but I can not imagine living through this kind of thing. Their son has had some learning setbacks do to the severity of the trauma and the meds they put him on but he is a trooper. They tried to get the oil to help him and it was denied by insurance and without it is fairly expensive. I hope that it becomes much more attainable at least for this scenario. I am not a doc but I don't believe that this is a product that will get you high like smoking.
Wall_Hanger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 09:48 AM   #18
LROSE
Ten Point

So hard to watch the video... I hate to see children in pain...

If CBD can help then it should be given to all that want to try it. As a parent I understand that there are no lengths that we would go to for our children. Legal or Illegal - becomes irrelevant when it comes to my children. I want them to be given the best care available - by whatever means necessary.

If there are any members on the TBH who are going through this right now, I want you to know you have support, thoughts & prayers.

This is just my opinion....Not looking to debate anyone on this as we each have our own thoughts.
LROSE is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 09:50 AM   #19
Bullydog
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Grayson / Throckmorton

Quote:
Give me a break.

The next time wife is having a 3-5 min violent epileptic seizure, ill be sure to call you for help. I believe CBD is a miracle to some who have to live with this constant, daily, hourly... fear of a loved one dying or being injured during a seizure. And no, Im not pro 'POT' by any means.

But I have seen the other side when it comes to the medical benefits of properly dosed and regulated oils to help patients like my wife, and kids like this.

Ill do anything to maybe one day get her off her 3000 mg of Keppra and 1000 mg of Tegretol she has to take everyday, so maybe she can hunt with me again, drive without fear, and spend time with me and my kids in the outdoors or in tree stands, or in places a seizure might not kill her or someone else.

Research Keppra and Tegretol side effects and what it does to the body, mind and personality... and quality of life for those who take it.

Give me a break, ***clown.....
Bullydog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 09:50 AM   #20
hogslayer78
Ten Point

Hunt In: San Augustine

Quote:
Well it ain't killed Willie!
hogslayer78 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 09:55 AM   #21
slicktricker
Ten Point

Hunt In: Grayson Co Public Land

https://youtu.be/zNT8Zo_sfwo

For those with a closed mind. If my loved one was suffering like any of these examples no cost would stand in my way to help them.
slicktricker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 09:55 AM   #22
Cajun Blake
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: public & pvt land

Quote:
Just curious of your profession ?
Do you smoke while driving to work ?
Do you smoke during lunch breaks ?
If you were drug tested at work, would a positive test result in losing your job ?

Inquiring minds want to know
Cajun Blake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 10:04 AM   #23
okrattler
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma

What he uses to control seizures is a little different than sitting around all day smoking a bong but okay. Doesn't matter to me one way or another.
okrattler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 10:05 AM   #24
miket
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria

The video is heartbreaking, i have known a few folks that have seizures. Its a nightmare. And my libertarian side wants to agree with some of yall. But good grief, come up with a valid argument. All the dopeheads wanting to make it legal to smoke supposedly because of medical use is ridiculous. The coca plant, poppies etc are used to make beneficial medications/drugs too. But that doesnt mean we should make heroin and crack legal......geez. Cant yall see, you are being used by the recreational smokers to get it legalized for their own purposes. I have never met anyone who is against the medicinal use of MJ after the actual useful chemicals are extracted, for true medical purposes, prescribed by a dr. Just like morphine, codeine etc. Absolutely, people that have siezures should be able to purchase prescribed drugs, derived from MJ when prescribed by a DR. That doesnt mean Billybob should be able to smoke dope for fun.....
miket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 10:07 AM   #25
okrattler
Pope & Young

Quote:
What exactly is there to be proud of? It's actually not that special.

Last edited by okrattler; 11-14-2017 at 10:13 AM..
Old 11-14-2017, 10:10 AM   #26
Bullydog
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Grayson / Throckmorton

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket View Post
The video is heartbreaking, i have known a few folks that have seizures. Its a nightmare. And my libertarian side wants to agree with some of yall. But good grief, come up with a valid argument. All the dopeheads wanting to make it legal to smoke supposedly because of medical use is ridiculous. The coca plant, poppies etc are used to make beneficial medications/drugs too. But that doesnt mean we should make heroin and crack legal......geez. Cant yall see, you are being used by the recreational smokers to get it legalized for their own purposes. I have never met anyone who is against the medicinal use of MJ after the actual useful chemicals are extracted, for true medical purposes, prescribed by a dr. Just like morphine, codeine etc. Absolutely, people that have siezures should be able to purchase prescribed drugs, derived from MJ when prescribed by a DR. That doesnt mean Billybob should be able to smoke dope for fun.....
And like all threads of this nature on TBH, this wasn't a pot thread. Until some turned it into that argument for whatever reason. If folks would focus on what the OP actually posted, it was about this video, the CBD treatment and how it might benefit someone suffering these issues. But, It will just go down the rabbit hole and turn into a weed thread.
Bullydog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 10:28 AM   #27
UrbanBuck
Eight Point

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Blake View Post
Just curious of your profession ?
Do you smoke while driving to work ?
Do you smoke during lunch breaks ?
If you were drug tested at work, would a positive test result in losing your job ?

Inquiring minds want to know
I've been with same company 11 years never had a drug test. Most everyone I work with smokes. I am very valuable to my company and would not be fired either way. Do I enjoy the high.. ofcourse, but it also balances me out in other ways .Thanks for your concern!
Old 11-14-2017, 10:29 AM   #28
Hank Hill
Eight Point

Why anyone would have a problem with the synthesis of a non-psychoactive ingredient to treat seizures is beyond me. I'm not sure if this even really falls under the purview of "medical marijuana" as it is just a derivative of secondary chemicals.
Hank Hill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 10:31 AM   #29
UrbanBuck
Eight Point

Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by okrattler View Post
It's more that I could give a **** less what anyone thinks than I am proud of it. Never said I was special, just not brainwashed. I am more successful and responsible than most of these people out there who judge guys like me!

Anyhow, the rut is going. I am ready for the weekend how about ya'll !! ! : )
Old 11-14-2017, 10:34 AM   #30
ACCURACYINC
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mcmullen County

Quote:
Originally Posted by okrattler View Post
I drink whiskey and man am I proud of myself when I do. Gives me a real sense of accomplishment! Even makes me a better husband.

Legalize it. Grow it. Tax it. Put an end to the cartels.
ACCURACYINC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 10:37 AM   #31
Parramore
Six Point

Hunt In: Any Ranchland

I am personally witnessing legal medication destroy my friend with Epilepsy. She has 20 seizures a day. She has started using CBD and she in down to 1 to none a day - 3 maybe 4 seizures a week. She can eat, sleep, and think now. She is so frail and only 35. Those so called legal drugs have ruined her liver and immune system. She is using medical to get off 10 straight years of pain killers and experimental drugs. If you or anyone you know is suffering from epilepsy, please call the Epilepsy Foundation of Texas. They are a non profit and will begin helping with free doctors visits and medication.
Parramore is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 10:38 AM   #32
Hank Hill
Eight Point

Getting the thread back on the rails.

Being against CBD treatment for seizures is like wanting to ban Codeine for a broken leg because its chemically derived from the opium poppy. Medically valuable drugs are synthesized from all sorts of things, that doesn't make them inherently good or bad.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:39 AM   #33
TX CHICKEN
Ten Point

Hunt In: Karnes County, Jim Hogg and Duval County

Quote:
I am on the fence still about mj but I am also sick of the **** argument that it is safe to drive high. I saw a friend of mine get run over and killed by a teenager that was high a kite. This happened in 1982 and I still remember it like it happened yesterday. I would rather have high drivers than drunk drivers but neither are as safe as sober...
TX CHICKEN is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 10:39 AM   #34
Skinny
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montague County

Quote:
I've been with same company 11 years never had a drug test. Most everyone I work with smokes. I am very valuable to my company and would not be fired either way. Do I enjoy the high.. ofcourse, but it also balances me out in other ways .Thanks for your concern!

Iím not judging you, but thatís a typical pot head response.

Skinny
Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 10:41 AM   #35
bollomb
Eight Point

Hunt In: Trinity

Quote:
Truth!
bollomb is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 10:42 AM   #36
bowhunter2989
Eight Point

Quote:

Uhh, Iíve pulled HS aged kids from a car that flipped and rolled into a fire hydrant cause the driver was stoned out of his mind and slowed his reaction time when he came around a corner in a neighborhood too fast. Only reason passenger didnít die when the passenger side window got crushed by the fire hydrant was because he didnít wear a seatbelt and when the vehicle rolled he fell onto the drivers seat. I donít have an opinion on legality issues but I know it does affect people just like alcohol and lack of sleep and a hundred other things. Itís not a harmless herb that can be used as much as anyone wants without side affects
bowhunter2989 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 10:43 AM   #37
okrattler
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
I drink whiskey and man am I proud of myself when I do. Gives me a real sense of accomplishment! Even makes me a better husband.

Legalize it. Grow it. Tax it. Put an end to the cartels.
When I drink whiskey I wake up in odd places and I've lost half of the clothes I was wearing when I drank it.LOL
Old 11-14-2017, 10:44 AM   #38
IDFWU
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parramore View Post
I am personally witnessing legal medication destroy my friend with Epilepsy. She has 20 seizures a day. She has started using CBD and she in down to 1 to none a day - 3 maybe 4 seizures a week. She can eat, sleep, and think now. She is so frail and only 35. Those so called legal drugs have ruined her liver and immune system. She is using medical to get off 10 straight years of pain killers and experimental drugs. If you or anyone you know is suffering from epilepsy, please call the Epilepsy Foundation of Texas. They are a non profit and will begin helping with free doctors visits and medication.
This is very sad. The really sad thing is the only reason she had to take those legal meds for so long is that politicians are getting paid so much by the manufacturers of those legal meds.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:45 AM   #39
jmac19
Six Point

Hunt In: hill county

IMO I think the Only reason its Illigal is because the big pharmaceutical company's will lose tons. They want you addicted to their medicine. Legalize it. Alchohol is far worse
jmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 10:45 AM   #40
Hank Hill
Eight Point

Old 11-14-2017, 10:48 AM   #41
JBT
Six Point

Hunt In: Montague, Grayson

I'm all for the legalization/decriminalization and taxing of mj - but let's not kid ourselves, it is still a mind altering drug and just like alcohol should not be mixed with driving - just because it is safer and has fewer negative side effects than alcohol does not mean it is any less dangerous to drive on - as with most things in life moderation is key
JBT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 10:49 AM   #42
UrbanBuck
Eight Point

Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
I’m not judging you, but that’s a typical pot head response.

Skinny
Ok, that's fine. That's just the facts : )....; BTW what's with the pothead remark? Do you drink? Does that make you an alcoholic?

Last edited by UrbanBuck; 11-14-2017 at 10:59 AM..
Old 11-14-2017, 10:51 AM   #43
UrbanBuck
Eight Point

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
I am on the fence still about mj but I am also sick of the **** argument that it is safe to drive high. I saw a friend of mine get run over and killed by a teenager that was high a kite. This happened in 1982 and I still remember it like it happened yesterday. I would rather have high drivers than drunk drivers but neither are as safe as sober...
Again, to clarify I NEVER said it was cool to drive stoned. I said you don't hear about people doing it and killing people like you do alcohol.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:51 AM   #44
okrattler
Pope & Young

What I find sad is even when it's legalized to be used for medical purposes anyone can get it. All you have to say is you can't sleep or your back hurts or whatever. In my book that's not right. People are basically abusing it and making a mockery out of that little boy and people who need it for a legit reason.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:52 AM   #45
Cajun Blake
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: public & pvt land

Quote:
you didn't answer the question, what is your profession ?

Are you ever "high" on the job ?

I could care less if you smoke indica, sensimilla, or hashish ... it's your life.

I would be concerned if you're a school bus driver or Air Traffic Controller
Cajun Blake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 10:53 AM   #46
armadillophil
Ten Point

Hunt In: Grayson/Ohio

In states that it is legal now the term medical use is to broadly defined. Mostly pot heads just looking to get high. I have no problem with it being legal but a class 2 status.
armadillophil is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 10:55 AM   #47
JBT
Six Point

Hunt In: Montague, Grayson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Blake View Post
you didn't answer the question, what is your profession ?

Are you ever "high" on the job ?

I could care less if you smoke indica, sensimilla, or hashish ... it's your life.

I would be concerned if you're a school bus driver or Air Traffic Controller
I must have missed the part where he said he smokes on the job
JBT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 10:55 AM   #48
UrbanBuck
Eight Point

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter2989 View Post
Uhh, Iíve pulled HS aged kids from a car that flipped and rolled into a fire hydrant cause the driver was stoned out of his mind and slowed his reaction time when he came around a corner in a neighborhood too fast. Only reason passenger didnít die when the passenger side window got crushed by the fire hydrant was because he didnít wear a seatbelt and when the vehicle rolled he fell onto the drivers seat. I donít have an opinion on legality issues but I know it does affect people just like alcohol and lack of sleep and a hundred other things. Itís not a harmless herb that can be used as much as anyone wants without side affects
I agree mostly with you, it should be used responsibly as with anyting else. Yes, I know there are some cases, but it is MUCH more rare than an accident involving alcohol. Most of the incidents involving pot there was another drug involved also. I am simply stating it is a sham that it's illegal in any way at all. It is much safer than alcohol, or any drug out there.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:55 AM   #49
Gummi Bear
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Comanche & Eastland

CBD has some tremendous benefits. Iíve done a little looking into it, it really is pretty fascinating.

Aside from curbing things like seizures, it is also an effective anti-inflammatory (pain management, without the opiates). It is not hallucinagenic, nor is it psychoactive. It will also not show up with THC markers in a drug test.

There is also research suggesting that it can aid in diabetes, multiple sclerosis, insomnia, PTSD, and even some addiction treatment.

If you really want to see something alarming, take a look at the DEA drug schedules.

Marijuana is Schedule 1
Cocaine, meth, oxycontin, and Ritalin is a schedule 2
Ketamine is a schedule 3
Xanax is a schedule 4

That is a seriously bizarre schedule when you start looking at what research has shown the results of taking some of the lesser schedule drugs can do to the mind and body. It seems more influenced by politics than science.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau
Gummi Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-14-2017, 11:17 AM   #50
jlptexashunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Govt Cheese and Invites

Quote:
Amen
jlptexashunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top