Flea medication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flea medication

We have a 2 year old GSP and I cannot get rid of these stocking fleas on her .
    I’ve tries dips , I’ve sprayed the yard ,also the stuff that goes on their backs after a bath .. she’s a inside dog but with this flea problem she stays outside for right now and she hates it lol . Anything you guys could recommend besides the regular stuff at Walmart/pet smart ..
    Thanks

Bravecto

Comment

Oh man. I am going through the same thing. I heard Trifexis works wonders but it’s a little pricey. Supposed to be a deworming medication also. We always give ivermectin to our dogs because we have it in hand anyway. But I have a part time inside cur dog now and need something to get rid of fleas also. In for suggestions also!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bravecto has worked great on my outside dog.

Comment

Trifexis! $105 for 6 month supply. And treats for heartworms also

Comment

Gonna give the trifexis a try and see what happens thanks for the info guys .

Comment

We've had good results with NexGard.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post

Where do you get it??

Comment

I have been happy with Flea Assassin.

Comment

Originally posted by Tree Phantom View Post
                    Where do you get it??

I just looked at 1-800-PetMeds. Seems they have a 20% off code and free shipping on orders over $49.99.

Comment

Another for Trifexas. Not a flea one. But it only works when fleas bite the dog. Kills them very quickly. Haven't had a flea or problems for several years now. And my pup is much happier for it.

The fish are biting. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                        high but works fantastic for my Pet

Comment

i use nexgard on my dogs, but if you don't kill the fleas outside, you'll never get rid of them regardless of what flea/tick product you use on your dog.

Also, if you have carpet inside, need to treat the carpet for fleas as well as they will lay eggs in the fibers and keep hatching.

Comment

Originally posted by Grulla View Post
                            Gonna give the trifexis a try and see what happens thanks for the info guys .
                            If your dog has never been on heartworm prevention, you should swing by your vet for a heartworm test to make sure he's negative before giving trifexis as serious side effects can occur whn trifexis is given to heartworm positive dogs.
                            Last edited by BigRed323; 05-04-2018, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                              i use nexgard on my dogs, but if you don't kill the fleas outside, you'll never get rid of them regardless of what flea/tick product you use on your dog.

Also, if you have carpet inside, need to treat the carpet for fleas as well as they will lay eggs in the fibers and keep hatching.
                              No carpet inside , and she’s on heartworm meds . Thanks for the advice ..

Comment

Working...
                              X