Question for Protein buyers in San Saba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for Protein buyers in San Saba

I've been in contact with San Saba Produce and Rigg's in San Saba. My question is, what is the best deal on good protein in San Saba. Prices I got are $10.50/bag at San Saba Produce and $9.50 for some kind of protein named Plus something at Rigg's. Any help would be nice as I am heading there Friday morning and have to buy 14 bags. Thanks.

Nobody hunt in/near San Saba and buy feed there?

Comment

I paid $9.39 per bag for Antler Max at our local Tractor Supply last Friday.

Comment

Buy Lyssie and Echols in Llano at Hasseys. Pre order it - talk to Robert 325-247-4147

Our deer tear it up, and this was the third brand we tried.

BTW the price is meaningless if they will not eat it.....

Comment

BTW we have been feeding 15 thousand pounds a year for a number of years now....

Comment

For your spin feeders go to Yarborough Hardware in Cherokee and buy the corn soy mix. Everything loves it.

Comment

Browns feed in Lampasas has a 20% protein made by Hill country that is $7.75 a bag. My deer kill it.

Comment

Riggs is cheaper and higher quality protein than SS Produce. Still high but good quality.

Comment

We used the feed store by the courthouse square (can't remember the name) the past couple of years. We bought the Antler Max without rain guard which was cheaper and never had a problem, the deer never had a problem eating it as well. I think it was around $10 +/- a bag.

Comment

The last time I checked about the cheapest in the area was Brady at Surefed Feed. It's just north of the square. It might be a little out of the way though. It was $7.91/50# bag. Corn was $6.25/50# bag. I guess it all depends on how much you feed and how much money you want to save.

The last time I checked Yarborough's he was $10.25/50# bag protein and $7.50/50# corn.

Comment

Thanks fellas, that's a big help. I'm new to the area, and been calling place to place, but y'all named a few new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by sansaba View Post
                        The last time I checked about the cheapest in the area was Brady at Surefed Feed. It's just north of the square. It might be a little out of the way though. It was $7.91/50# bag. Corn was $6.25/50# bag. I guess it all depends on how much you feed and how much money you want to save.
                        x2.

Comment

Working...
                        X