No announcement yet.

Found pics from the gas chamber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn’t throw up cause my throat was so tight, but on the bright side I didn’t have any problems with my sinuses for about a week!!

The mask that I was issued never sealed right because they issued them according to your hat size(7 3/8”) but at the time I had a small face. Drill sergeant thought I was lying so he put his hands over the filters so no air would flow. After 3 minutes I was still conscious, was talking, and was not red so that’s when they finally listened to me.

Comment

BTDT
      Note to Self. DO NOT DRINK MILK PRIOR TO GAS CHAMBER

I puked that big time

Comment

Ya’ll really think the gas chamber was bad?? Freaking POG’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post

Calm down warrior. Nobody said it was bad. It's fun and good memories.

Comment

Dang........ at ease

Comment

Joyful memories.

Comment

"the gas chamber is a beautiful place"

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post

LOL!! So did you lay back and enjoy it?

My experience was like the others....snot streams touching the ground and realizing the value of the mask.

Comment

I was in the Air Force, they waved a capsule in front of our masks. I spent several hours in the chem gear, not sure how you guys spent days while drinking thru a tube, that was a bitoch.

Comment

I don't remember walking out...….
                      But, I learned to crawl, at 20mph.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
                        Calm down warrior. Nobody said it was bad. It's fun and good memories.

I was just busting balls...stand down.

Comment

Filters were clogged during the gas chamber in bootcamp. I had to pull the mask away from my face to breath the whole time. The instructors didn't believe me until they tested it after I was out of the chamber. One of the DIs asked who needed to make a "head call" and for them to line up along some bushes. I needed to go but something told me not to answer the call. Well when CS covered hands touched non-CS covered areas the show began.

Comment

Good times, great memories. The first time I went (Navy Boot Camp in San Diego) it was no fun and a giant snotty mess, I do remember seeing the gas in the air. The second time, 10 years later in Ft. Bragg (Army Reserve being mobbed for OIF1), it didn't affect me near as much, which let me enjoy the show of the people that were not having such an easy time.

Comment

Oh glorious times

Comment

I remember when in the gas house , some of them ol boys broke rank and ran out the door. DI marched their azzes back in there for a double dose.lol

Also remember sitting in the grass after that with snot, tears and my skin burning.

And them jokers that said they could swim till we got in the big concrete tank and they was flailing and hollering
                                Last edited by Radar; 07-14-2018, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X