Cabo San Lucas advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabo San Lucas advice

Wife is wanting to go this summer. We've never been. Don't think I'll get to wet any hooks on this trip so more r&r

Looking for advice on whether to do some sort of all-inclusive, to book through an agent or by myself online.

Any thoughts on places to stay? Not necessarily looking for 5 star, ultra posh but something nice. Mainly hang out in the beach and relax.

Any advice?

Thanks

If you are not going to fish I would not go there

Comment

Not exactly the best beach place, only a few resorts have swimmable beaches. It’s mostly rocky outcrops along the beaches. It’s beautiful though and by far our (wife and I) favorite vacation destination. Most of the resorts have infinity pools overlooking the beach with awesome views which is as good as the beach. If you like to fly and flop you will love Cabo but we haven’t been in two summers just because I’m not real sure how safe it is.
      Quite a few strings on here about vacations to Cabo so I’d suggest a quick search

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks.

I'm also thinking of Cancun.

I'll perform a search.

I, too, am worried about the safety issues.
        Last edited by Tx_Punisher; 06-10-2018, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Love Cabo, but check out the #1 Most Dangerous City in 2018 according to Business Insider

Comment

We stayed at secrets all inclusive

It was awesome

20 minute ride to Cabo

Got hammered at Cabo wabo and ate a tuna off the boat one day

I miss it terribly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Go to playa Del Carmen. We have been to Cabo twice and Playa 10 times at least. Go to an all inclusive resort. They will treat you like a king. Don’t buy into the bad press. More crime happens in most major us cities on any give. Weekend than the tourist destinations in Mexico. Cabo is for fishing. Playa has awesome beaches

Comment

Don’t go- that’s my advice, worst vacation place I have ever been to and we stayed at Pueblo Bonito, which is really nice, but I don’t get the attraction to Cabo. Terrible beaches, cold water, windy and ugly landscape.

Comment

My best advice is to avoid end up hanging from a bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
                    If you are not going to fish I would not go there
                    This. I love Cabo, but no reason to go if you can't fish imo

Comment

Odd man out here but I love it there and it's 100x better than Cancun. Supposed to be there next week.

If I want landscape I'll head to the mountains

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        Odd man out here but I love it there and it's 100x better than Cancun. Supposed to be there next week.

If I want landscape I'll head to the mountains
                        Don't disagree with the fact that it's better than Cancun. I hope to never experience the east coast of Mexico ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by tyak View Post
                          We stayed at secrets all inclusive

It was awesome

20 minute ride to Cabo

Got hammered at Cabo wabo and ate a tuna off the boat one day

I miss it terribly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is where we stayed last too, it was nice.
                          A lot of the appeal for Cabo to me , other than fishing, is the convenience factor. Easy direct flights from houston and as long as you pre-arrange your transportation from the airport in Cabo to the beach you will be at your hotel within 20 minutes
                          Cabo is what you make of it. You want to fly and flop you can do that, you want to party just head to town at night. I also like it because it’s expensive enough to price out a lot of the riff raff you have to deal with in places like Cancun. It’s generally a more mature crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                          X