Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theory

Trump is using the wall issue for the purpose of extending the shutdown to a point that we all wake up and wonder why the government jobs that have been furloughed are needed at all.

Granted some unavoidable collateral damage has occurred, like USCG and others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theory: The wall gets built and then when democrats eventually gain control they encourage the destruction of it as if to resemble the Berlin wall going down.

Comment

Interesting theory, but I don’t think Trump, at his core, is a small govt guy

Comment

Hillary is not going to jail
        Obamacare repeal and replace was a debacle

The wall is his last opportunity to fulfill a campaign promise.

Get it done or go home...

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
          Trump is using the wall issue for the purpose of extending the shutdown to a point that we all wake up and wonder why the government jobs that have been furloughed are needed at all.

There is no question that our bureaucracy is obese to say the least. Maybe it is time to go on a crash diet.

Comment

That theory comes around every time the shutdown lasts for more than 3-4 weeks.

Trump already cut the fed government substantially. Only 1/3 is shut down right now. The services that people do notice - National Park Service, TSA, and USDA - Farm programs.

Comment

I would be all in for stopping all pay to congress persons too. Of course that will never happen. They will never vote to cut themselves off from the govt. teat.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                Interesting theory, but I don’t think Trump, at his core, is a small govt guy
                Theory: There is no such thing as a small govt advocate in politics these days...unfortunately.

Comment

Interesting theory, but I don’t think Trump, at his core, is a smaller govt guy

FIFY

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post

I'll say this first, I am for border security, all immigrants coming to the USA the right/legal way and paying taxes when they get here. I am also one of these FED employees affected. And these days we better have the mason jars buried for times like this when we don't get a CR approved until next budget cycle.

The sucky thing is a lot of the FED employees that are considered "Excepted – Not Funded" are FED LEOs and are "expected" to be at work during their regularly scheduled duty hours....without pay. A lot of DOJ agencies are affected by this partial shutdown but the employees are dedicated to their jobs and go to work.

All "leave"....Annual leave and sick leave.....is canceled and un-approved during all this to.

BOTH sides of the isle are being stubborn on the border issue and it's understandable to not budge on things for principals sake. Sometimes pride needs to be swallowed to get things done. Both could bend and still get what they want.
                    And BTW....Both sides of the isle in D.C. are still getting paid while a bunch of FED LEOs aren't...but still do the job!!

I'll get off my soap box now!!

I'm on my way out to dig up a mason jar now!

Ya'll have an AWESOME weekend!!

Comment

Go Trump
                      Don’t back down!!

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                        FIFY
                        Interesting theory, but I do think Trump, at his core, is a smaller govt guy

Comment

Originally posted by Texar View Post
                          I'll say this first, I am for border security, all immigrants coming to the USA the right/legal way and paying taxes when they get here. I am also one of these FED employees affected. And these days we better have the mason jars buried for times like this when we don't get a CR approved until next budget cycle.

The sucky thing is a lot of the FED employees that are considered "Excepted – Not Funded" are FED LEOs and are "expected" to be at work during their regularly scheduled duty hours....without pay. A lot of DOJ agencies are affected by this partial shutdown but the employees are dedicated to their jobs and go to work.

All "leave"....Annual leave and sick leave.....is canceled and un-approved during all this to.

BOTH sides of the isle are being stubborn on the border issue and it's understandable to not budge on things for principals sake. Sometimes pride needs to be swallowed to get things done. Both could bend and still get what they want.
                          And BTW....Both sides of the isle in D.C. are still getting paid while a bunch of FED LEOs aren't...but still do the job!!

I'll get off my soap box now!!

I'm on my way out to dig up a mason jar now!

Ya'll have an AWESOME weekend!!
                          Spot on. My wife is in the same boat. Doesn’t seem that bad till the paychecks quit coming.

Comment

Legislation need to be drafted making it to where Congress doesn’t get paid during shutdowns as well! They’d be more willing to negotiate if they feeling the pinch. Never mind... most have become filthy rich while in office so this really won’t affect them.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                              Legislation need to be drafted making it to where Congress doesn’t get paid during shutdowns as well! They’d be more willing to negotiate if they feeling the pinch. Never mind... most have become filthy rich while in office so this really won’t affect them.

I agree wholly......if most of these turds weren’t millionaires to begin with.....so they don’t care either way!

Comment

Working...
                              X