Rancho Alto Bonito 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexico View Post

Really cool elusive buck named spot who used to live on the AB. Apparently this dude even into his old age never lost his fawn spots...crazy.
    We've seen a few of those across the river from you in Webb county

Comment

Nice pics guys, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Oscar went down this weekend and filled most feeders...plus the cottonseed. We desperately need rain but surprisingly the ranch still looks in great shape....black brush is in full bloom. Also the snakes are out! He managed to find a few heads also...

Few pics from Oscar...

Comment

Nice pics.

Comment

What a cool ranch. Looks like you all have a lot of deer to target. How many acres do you have down there?

Comment

Originally posted by kkromer View Post
              What a cool ranch. Looks like you all have a lot of deer to target. How many acres do you have down there?
              Yea sir we have several mature shooters for next year ....the RAB is a little over 4k acres. We need some rain though...hopefully we get a little with this system moving through!

Comment

Looks like we got close to 5" of rain what a blessing!

On another note I have to brag about our place. I was fortunate enough to have shot the 2nd largest HF typical last year in Mexico.
                Hard work and dedication does pay off and the Alto Bonito is coming back strong!
                A huge thank you goes out to my lease mates who are all on the same page with one another and a bigger thank you to Oscar Caballero (grandson of ranch owner) for his tireless dedication to this ranch.
                His passion for growing huge native whitetails is second to none.

Of course none of this could be possible without the wonderful family who owns the RAB. They treat all guests like they're family and are the most honest landowners I've ever met.

Comment

Congrats brotha.

Comment

Congrats Shane. Awesome buck.

Comment

Looks like we got close to 5" of rain what a blessing!

On another note I have to brag about our place. I was fortunate enough to have shot the 2nd largest HF typical last year in Mexico.
                      Hard work and dedication does pay off and the Alto Bonito is coming back strong!
                      A huge thank you goes out to my lease mates who are all on the same page with one another and a bigger thank you to Oscar Caballero (grandson of ranch owner) for his tireless dedication to this ranch.
                      His passion for growing huge native whitetails is second to none.

Of course none of this could be possible without the wonderful family who owns the RAB. They treat all guests like they're family and are the most honest landowners I've ever met.

Congratulations man! Well deserved! Slowly, but surely, we're moving back in the right direction. None of it could happen without everyone being on the same page. A great group of hunters is what a takes to grow great deer. It isn't easy letting so many deer walk year after year. Things are looking good and are only gonna get better from here on out!

Comment

Great buck. Great Ranch. Congrats.

Comment

Really cool elusive buck named spot who used to live on the AB. Apparently this dude even into his old age never lost his fawn spots...crazy.
                          Love this Appaloosa buck!

Comment

Really enjoyed this group of management hunters last year. 4 for 4, 3 with bow. For the young lady it was her first deer ever...a 140 class 21" wide buck! A huge congrats to them all!

Comment

Really enjoyed this group of management hunters last year. 4 for 4, 3 with bow. For the young lady it was her first deer ever...a 140 class 21" wide buck! A huge congrats to them all!

Definitely a GREAT group of hunters! That was a very fun hunt.

Comment

Beautiful sight on the Bonito this evening! Perfect timing....hopefully we get some in April too!

Comment

Working...
                                X