Remote jobs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote jobs?

Looking to start working remotely, I’m getting to the point where I want to enjoy more of life outside work, see my kids more. Anyone know where I should look? Know of anywhere hiring? Thanks

Bump for you,

I am interested in the same for the Houston/ Woodlands area.

Comment

what do you do?

Comment

Siemens does remote working. Been at home since Spring break.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
          what do you do?
          Right now I’m an elevator Mechanic

Comment

Originally posted by 300rem7 View Post
            Siemens does remote working. Been at home since Spring break.
            Are they going to stay remote?

Comment

Originally posted by jbonney1986 View Post
              Right now I’m an elevator Mechanic
              What kind of work can you do from home?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                What kind of work can you do from home?
                Nothing in the industry I’m in now, just looking to see what’s available. I’m pretty verse in what I can do so hoping someone knows where to look or has something

Comment

Are they going to stay remote?
                  I think they said approximately 70% would remain remote. The other 30% are those who can't work remotely.

Any other job skills that can be done remotely? Any tech skills? Writing? Project management?

Comment

Originally posted by topwater blowup View Post
                    Bump for you,

I am interested in the same for the Houston/ Woodlands area.
                    If it's a remote job does it matter where it is?

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                      I think they said approximately 70% would remain remote. The other 30% are those who can't work remotely.

Any other job skills that can be done remotely? Any tech skills? Writing? Project management?
                      I have skills in all the above, prior military, elevator Technician now, done sales as well

Comment

I have skills in all the above, prior military, elevator Technician now, done sales as well
                        Plenty of remote jobs in software development, system/business analyst, project management for tech companies. A decent percentage of those type of jobs are going to stay remote as well.

I would assume the same for sales but I'm not in that area and don't know for sure.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m in oilfield sales and I’m the road most of the week. I know others in sales that can maintain their accounts from home. I’ve learned over the years that it’s important to show your face as much as possible and most importantly, do as you promise. What I do enjoy is setting my schedule around my outdoors time, as long as it doesn’t jeopardize an account.

Comment

The last five years that I worked for Trane I worked remotely, but most of the teams I worked with did also. I was a senior analyst working with finance and operations.

Only downside was having to get on a plane on short notice sometimes going to garden spots like Columbus, OH, White Bear, MN (usually in the winter), and St. Louis, MO.

I don't miss that part of the job.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                              Plenty of remote jobs in software development, system/business analyst, project management for tech companies. A decent percentage of those type of jobs are going to stay remote as well.

I would assume the same for sales but I'm not in that area and don't know for sure.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
                              Any companies I should look into?

Comment

Working...
                              X