New Tire Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glen1978 View Post
    Take a look at Falken Wildpeak AT3W. Been really impressed with them up here in Colorado. When my 2500 Suburban and 2500 4x4 Dodge need tires that is what will be going on there Im pretty sure. Best price I could find was off Amazon. They were on my last 2500 Suburban and we were in the mountains snow wheeling. Shoving snow with front bumper, couldnt open doors deep. They chugged right through. Alot of Jeep guys run them.
    Glen how are the Falken on the rocks.. the Bfgs that came on my truck sling rocks for 10 miles after I hit pavement..

Comment

Originally posted by buck40 View Post
      About to get new set of tires for the truck.

Had BF Goodrich K02 for last couple of years and been good tires but I found them pretty noisy. Don't need heavy off road capability and really just firm dirt roads for the most part with a bit of sand and some mud here and there but nothing major. More concerned with on road performance and noise.

Looking at:
      Michelin LTX AT2
      Cooper Discovery AT3 4S & XLT
      Pirelli Scorpion AT+

Any input on road handling and noise on these?

Thanks.

I absolutely loved the Michelin AT2. Had them in a 275/65/20 on the lifted suburban. Quiet and smoothest AT i have ever had on pavement. Great wet handling. And the shocked me how well they did offroad.

When I buy new 33 or 34" tires for the 4runner in the next year it will be tough between those and Firestone Destination AT.

Comment

I’ve had over 75,000 on my last 2 sets of nittos. First were terra grapplers and this last set were ridge grapplers. I just put on another set of ridge at 77,000. I run them at 35psi and rotate every 5-8k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          I am a fan of the Goodyear Wrangler All Terrain with Kevlar. I am on my 3rd set (with 2 different trucks), and I like them a lot. 60,000 mile treadwear warranty.

https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires...rain-adventure
          i love these tires on my 6th set

Comment

Does anyone know the sidewall makeup of the Michelin? I've looked all over and haven't found much info. The BFG always gets a lot of love for it's three ply sidewall but I've never known how the Michelin stacks up in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
              Glen how are the Falken on the rocks.. the Bfgs that came on my truck sling rocks for 10 miles after I hit pavement..
              Seem to do fine. Most of our rocks up here are bigger. Not sure how they would do in say pea gravel. I can say Im a fan of them though. I bought 4 265/75-16 load E for my 2500 Suburban last year. I just checked and the price has went up on them. I have Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my Dodge 2500 4x4 and they are garbage IMO.

Comment

The Michelin’s the OP is looking at are great tires if you mostly want them for highway or around town use. I have had two sets of them in the past and they were great for that purpose.

They do okay off road if it is dry. But, add some mud/snow to the mix and they turn into slicks.

I run Cooper ST Maxx and they have been a great tire for my intended use. I want one tire that I can do it all with and this tire is it. I hunt a lot and am off road frequently and they are plent aggressive for that. In the other side, I use my truck for work and travel a fair amount on the highway and they are quiet enough for me doing that as well.

Just another option for you to think about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Take a look at Falken Wildpeak AT3W. Been really impressed with them up here in Colorado. When my 2500 Suburban and 2500 4x4 Dodge need tires that is what will be going on there Im pretty sure. Best price I could find was off Amazon. They were on my last 2500 Suburban and we were in the mountains snow wheeling. Shoving snow with front bumper, couldnt open doors deep. They chugged right through. Alot of Jeep guys run them.

I’m looking at these for my next set of tires for my 2012 Ram 2500 diesel. All reviews and feedback I have seen is overwhelmingly positive.

Comment

Seem to do fine. Most of our rocks up here are bigger. Not sure how they would do in say pea gravel. I can say Im a fan of them though. I bought 4 265/75-16 load E for my 2500 Suburban last year. I just checked and the price has went up on them. I have Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my Dodge 2500 4x4 and they are garbage IMO.
                    Ok Colorado is where I had the trouble with them slinging rocks..I may swap them out ..

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                      I got bfg A/t and people better not tailgate, as I am slinging rocks
                      Also

Comment

I am a fan of the Goodyear Wrangler All Terrain with Kevlar. I am on my 3rd set (with 2 different trucks), and I like them a lot. 60,000 mile treadwear warranty.

https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires...rain-adventure
                        Originally posted by tshelton View Post
                        i love these tires on my 6th set
                        Yep, and where I hunt in Beeville, there are low growing, tire penetrating thorns everywhere. I have NEVER gotten a flat since going with the Kevlar belted ones.

Breezy, who owns a tire store in Taft, absolutely swears that there is no Kevlar in them. He argued and argued that I was just lucky that I had not gotten any flats. He said he actually cut one in half with a chainsaw, and it had no Kevlar belt. Come to find out it was the Duratrac that he cut open. He still continued to argue that there was no Kevlar in the Wrangler Adventure with Kevlar. Talk about stubborn and not wanting to admit he was wrong...

Comment

Yep, and where I hunt in Beeville, there are low growing, tire penetrating thorns everywhere. I have NEVER gotten a flat since going with the Kevlar belted ones.

Breezy, who owns a tire store in Taft, absolutely swears that there is no Kevlar in them. He argued and argued that I was just lucky that I had not gotten any flats. He said he actually cut one in half with a chainsaw, and it had no Kevlar belt. Come to find out it was the Duratrac that he cut open. He still continued to argue that there was no Kevlar in the Wrangler Adventure with Kevlar. Talk about stubborn and not wanting to admit he was wrong...
                          You are about to get lit up. In the bunker you go.

Comment

Even if there is a Kevlar belt in them, they are no more puncture resistant that steel belts. That’s why soft body armor is not necessarily a guarantee against edged weapons. It’s fibrous, it can be penetrated by sharp pointy things.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              Even if there is a Kevlar belt in them, they are no more puncture resistant that steel belts. That’s why soft body armor is not necessarily a guarantee against edged weapons. It’s fibrous, it can be penetrated by sharp pointy things.

Breezy, is that you???

All I can tell you is that I used to get slow leaks from thorns when I drove steel belted radials. When I switched to the WRANGLER AT with Kevlar. Voila! No flats from thorns, and I’m on my 3rd set.

No soup for you!!!

Comment

Michelin LTX AT2 is what I just put on my truck.

Comment

Working...
                                X