Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
    - Reserve a spot towards the back of the boat if possible
    - Buy a few Snapper Slappers to bring with you. Even if you use their gear, a deckhand can rig one on for you
    - Pay extra for Cigar minnows as they are better bait and quicker to rig than cut squid
    - Bring a couple hand towels for wiping hands; get's messy from baiting hooks, etc.
    - Fish hard. The Captain will try and limit out all fishermen on the boat. Sometimes a few people get tired and quite fishing early and the remaining folks fill their limits for them.
    - Bring cash for deck-hand tips. 15-20% is about average per person, so if you have a child, be sure to tip on their behalf as well. Most of the time, these deckhands earn it.
    - Pay a guy at the dock to filet your fish if the deckhands don't. There will be a few there and it's worth the money.
    We are going this Friday and have been several times in the past this is spot on advice...and bring a lunch

Comment

Bring your own tackle or fish with their broomsticks.

Comment

We have back of the boat reservations, fishing on june 19th, only day our party could all go. What type of rod and reel should I bring?

Comment

Tell me about snapper slappers?

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
            Dramamine
            And, ear plugs to stuff up your nose so you don’t have to smell the stinch.

Comment

ttt

Comment

Bring a small spinning rod with some steel leader and jigs. Once you catch your 2 snapper you can go after other game fish like dolphin and mackerel. Spinning reels are easy to cast without a lot of elbow room.

On your bottom fishing rig attach a spinnerbait skirt to the hook. Bait stealers rob the cut bait pretty quick but the plastic skirt will keep catching.

Snapper Slappers work great. Always catch some of our biggest fish on them and diamond jigs.

Comment

Dramamine is effective, but it can make you very drowsy. Instead, I suggest asking your doctor for a prescription for Scopolamine patches:

Easy-to-read patient leaflet for Scopolamine Transdermal Patch. Includes indications, proper use, special instructions, precautions, and possible side effects.

They aren't very expensive, and have worked well for me in the past. Also, try to find some ginger (in the spice aisle of the grocery store - get the crystal form of it - NOT the powdered kind). If you get really sea sick, suck on a piece of the ginger and it can help. Funny, but I carried a small bottle of it in my tackle box for many years and never had to use it. I finally threw it away when the bottle started looking (and smelling) too funky.

Good luck, let us know how you do on your fishing trip.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

We did it Friday and a couple other tips;

Grab a stack of hand towels to keep the goo off with.

A small towel or pillow to lay your head on on the cabin to sleep on the way out and back in and the cabin gets COLD- so a beach towel to cover with?

One of those "hook out" rigs for removing a circle hook with-or wait for a deck hand and they are busy so it'll slow you way down.

One of those cheap deal that you punch the gut to release the air from the fish.

Our trip was great, everyone on the boat got a limit (probably average 18") and a couple of Lingh were caught.

Will be going back next year the kids have a ball.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRanger View Post
                      We did it Friday and a couple other tips;

Grab a stack of hand towels to keep the goo off with.

A small towel or pillow to lay your head on on the cabin to sleep on the way out and back in and the cabin gets COLD- so a beach towel to cover with?

One of those "hook out" rigs for removing a circle hook with-or wait for a deck hand and they are busy so it'll slow you way down.

One of those cheap deal that you punch the gut to release the air from the fish.

Our trip was great, everyone on the boat got a limit (probably average 18") and a couple of Lingh were caught.

Will be going back next year the kids have a ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can't figure out how to load the pics from here now Tapatalk has changed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5903.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	24542581
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5881.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	24542582