No announcement yet.

My Harley was repossessed by mistake!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Civil case small claims court... doubtful you'll ever see any money. Best way to go it go file a lien against the responsible parties property. That'll get their attention fast ( or should )and hopefully will settle with you.

Comment

Sounds like you should have bought a HONDA!

Comment

First, get a police report of your own, and demand the person that stole your bike be arrested, or to send their insurance as they left a scene if a crime involving a motor vehicle. Or hey can provide their insurance to handle the matter. They would need to have the official docs to prove Harley made the mistake, or them. If them, that is theft, there isn't a "made a mistake" clause that gets them out. Intent does, and they obviously intended to take your bike because they actually took it lol.

Then I would file on your insurance and let then fight it all out.

Comment

Originally posted by XBOW STALKER View Post
          Sounds like you should have bought a HONDA!
          Blasphemy

Comment

That's pretty messed up!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
              Yep. What does the lender say they will do about it?

How did they mistakenly repo your bike?
              Again, who is your lender and what do they say about it?

How could they have made this mistake? Someone else's bike supposed to get repoed and they misidentified it? They should have verified the serial/id number before hauling it off.

If you file a claim in JP court, I believe they have 30 days to respond. If they don't, you get a default judgement.
              Last edited by Burnadell; 05-04-2018, 11:23 AM.

Comment

You need a “junk yard dog” attorney....

Comment

Sorry to hear of this disaster. I believe I would also check your credit score to see if they went forward with something that effected it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post
                    Compressed the forks over 6” when designed for 2” of travel, and my air ride isn’t holding pressure. Most other damage is scratches and scrapes. You know the expensive stuff. It’s up over $5K now.
                    WOW. Close to half the value? Total it and start over new?

Comment

Sounds like a job for the Texas Law Hawk.

Comment

Dude I’m ****** off for you - hope you get it figured out let us know how it goes .

Comment

I would go after your lender as well. If you owe them $5k on the bike, and they (indirectly) caused $5K of damages on the bike. It would seem like they would want to figure out how to get their money back.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                            Again, who is your lender and what do they say about it?

How could they have made this mistake? Someone else's bike supposed to get repoed and they misidentified it? They should have verified the serial/id number before hauling it off.

If you file a claim in JP court, I believe they have 30 days to respond. If they don't, you get a default judgement.
                            He tells you in the first sentence, he paid 10 months ahead.

Comment

Wow! Just reading this has my blood boiling. I would be all kids of ****** off if that happened to my motorcycle. IMO I wouldn't call my insurance. I'd be calling HD financing asap and demand they fix their mess.

Can you tell us how this even happened?

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                                I would go after your lender as well. If you owe them $5k on the bike, and they (indirectly) caused $5K of damages on the bike. It would seem like they would want to figure out how to get their money back.
                                That bike (depending on options) is probably worth somewhere in the $17-19k range.

OP, I don't even know what to say. I'd be SUPER pizzed!!! I would think finance company needs to poney up for the repairs and of course loss of value for the bike having been damaged.

Comment

Working...
                                X