Mini truck mechanic needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini truck mechanic needed

I’m looking for someone to get my daihatsu mini truck going again. Preferably close to the dfw metroplex. I’ve talked to a few mechanics that won’t touch it. Let me know.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whats wrong with it? Just did cv boots on my daughters sambar. Different from any axles Ive ever seen.

Comment

It’s in Emory but Roberts cycle & sound always worked on mine. Pm if you need contact info. Or parts contacts

Comment

Last mini truck I had was a Mitsubishi. It had been sitting for a while and would not idle. I asked a Mechanic friend of mine to look at the carb. I took it off, and showed it to him. It must have had 15 feet, and 10-15 vaccum tunes coming off of it. He said heck no, and gave me an old Harley Davidson carb to use. I made a new flange, bolted it on, and got it running. The truck itself, was a piece of garbage due to too many years of neglect, and I ended up getting rid of it.

Comment

Guy in Weatherford works on them. He is way out of my way but he got mine to quit overheating. I got his number from the guy who sells mini trucks out there.

Comment

You looking for a mini truck mechanic? I think I found one!

Comment

North Texas mini trucks in Boyd

Comment

Their is a guy outside of Franklin that works on them, or ladt time i was though there he did, not sure him name or number

Comment

Give some symptoms might be able to help some. I know a guy but he is in Houston.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Let's hear some symptoms. I tore into my first one and got it running good. My only advice is if you pull the carb make very detailed notes on adjustment settings and go back to them when done.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

It turns over, gets fuel but won’t start. I’m assuming the carb is gummed up and needs to be rebuilt. By no means am I mechanic at all and carbs tend to scare me. It will run on starting fluid so I know it’s getting fire. I took pics of the carb and took it off and I carried that thing to 10 different places that wouldn’t touch it. At this point I kind of just want to haul it somewhere and have them put it back together and give me a running truck.

Comment

Parts are available for a rebuild kit....

Comment

There was a place you could ship your carb to and they would rebuild it and set it back to factory settings. I'll see if I can find the website. I would also replace all of the vacuum hoses, they dryrot and will cause problems. The choke mechanism also gums up on them and will keep the choke from opening up.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Clean the cat out as well. Mine would run decent most of the time but would get hot and run like crap. Sold it to a buddy's brother that is a mechanic. He pulled the cab and fixed a few small things but said the catylitic converter was clogged and the main source of problems. Yours definitely sounds like a carb problem but I'd check the cat if it ain't very peppy after running.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
                              Parts are available for a rebuild kit....

https://www.minitruckgarage.com/cabu...pair-kits.html
                              Man! That is a pricey rebuild kit.

Comment

Working...
                              X