Houston trout stocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houston trout stocking

So I messed up and swore they were stocking trout at the pond on thanksgiving morning, not tomorrow morning. Any of you guys try and fish the trout stockings? Is it pretty much packed and only gonna catch something the day of? I mean my wife will have fun regardless because she hasn't fished much, but I'd like to take some trout home

I like to catch a few when TPWD stocks the local lakes and ponds. Check their website for the schedule. I'm sure it depends on your area, ours doesn't get much pressure from fisherman but the cormorants sure rake the lake after stocking. The link below is to the stocking schedule if you need it. Good Luck!

tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/management/stocking/trout_stocking.phtml

Comment

2 words.. super dupers

Comment

Two words...frozen corn.

Comment

I just saw that they stocked some by my work. Is there a time during the days that's best?

Comment

I have caught them months after they stocked them. Small spoons or slabs in shiny gold or silver! Small being 1/2” to 1” long.

Comment

I’m at the pond they stocked on Wednesday in Missouri City. There is one guy fishing for trout and two kids fishing for bass. Water is pretty muddy. No bites yet.

I talked to a guy earlier who went to a pond in Katy yesterday and he said he only saw one trout caught over 4hrs.

The weather is nice and my 7yr old doesn’t really care if he catches anything, he just likes to fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SwineAssassiN View Post
                2 words.. super dupers
                Yep

Comment

No luck today. Will wait for the water to clear up a little and give the fish a chance to settle down from their relocation before we try again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Brazman View Post
                    Two words...frozen corn.
                    That'll work. I get a lot more excitement watching them chase and strike a lure though. I also went to a pond last year that had just been stocked. When we pulled up it was surrounded by people soaking corn. My girlfriend and I limited with a fish in almost every cast while corn soakers where asking what we were using lol

Comment

Working...
                    X