2015 Lake Grapevine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ccarl68 View Post
    Can anyone tell me where the office is, so I can get in on the drawing? Like I said I am new to this and have no idea where it is.
    Google it. Pretty easy to figure out.

Comment

Office Location

Originally posted by Ccarl68 View Post
      Can anyone tell me where the office is, so I can get in on the drawing? Like I said I am new to this and have no idea where it is.
      It's just south of the road that goes behind BassPro and Grapevine Mills mall. Can't think of the name of the road but it's between BassPro Rd and the Last Stop sign in Grapevine.

Comment

Permit Restrictions

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
        I'm thinking if the permit rules were like Hagerman, it might prevent a lot of the anti-hunters from snagging permits to keep hunters from hunting.
        I have to agree. But I don't want the certain week part of it. The season is long and limiting to just a few weekends makes it difficult to get out there.

Comment

I'll save my criticisms of how Grapevine is run/managed for later. Don't want to ruin my chances of getting drawn. I know they read these forums.

Batting .000 since they went to the draw format knowing lots of guys never pick their permits up is awesome. Not having any place to park is awesomer. Guys who have never hunted there asking where the office is so they can enter the drawing is the AWESOMEST!

Comment

Originally posted by jswaringen View Post
            I have to agree. But I don't want the certain week part of it. The season is long and limiting to just a few weekends makes it difficult to get out there.
            Yeah, I wasn't talking about Segments like Hagerman, just having the IBEP cert to even be able to apply. According to what I was told at the COE office, people come in and don't even try to hide that they are applying for permits to keep a hunter from hunting out there.

Comment

I am wanting to hunt grapevine for first time this year getting my general permit tomorrow.... Any tips anyone can pm me? Or any general advice?

Comment

Originally posted by webstertroy View Post
                I am wanting to hunt grapevine for first time this year getting my general permit tomorrow.... Any tips anyone can pm me? Or any general advice?
                Might get more replies in the "around the campfire" section. Plus even more people will see the thread there, and we'll have even more entries for the drawing this year.

Comment

Larry I did do a post there also about this.. Are you able to hunt yotes and other varmite there?

Comment

Are you on facebook? Might try posting on our Grapevine Public Hunting facebook page...

Comment

I am whats the name of the page I cant findit

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                        Pretty sure you just put out a challenge to the corps to find it. BTW-No lock is safe, they're pretty skilled at removing them.
                        I'm sure there's a correlation between number of cameras confiscated and how close they are set up to the road. Unless they're very determined, I'd assume I'm safe

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                          I'll save my criticisms of how Grapevine is run/managed for later. Don't want to ruin my chances of getting drawn. I know they read these forums.

Batting .000 since they went to the draw format knowing lots of guys never pick their permits up is awesome. Not having any place to park is awesomer. Guys who have never hunted there asking where the office is so they can enter the drawing is the AWESOMEST!

Hahaha you might be right!! Ehh the way I see it is if you want things to change you first gotta start by having a serious conversation about the problems. If they truly do read this forum maybe they'll listen. Maybe not. And if they're offended by my criticism, then to Somerville I go! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by jswaringen View Post
                            One of the reasons the railroad does this is because if they don't some idiot will walk down the tracks and get killed. It happened about a few years ago down at Watauga Rd. and 377. Kid out playing, unsupervised, and train hit him.

It only takes 1 idiot. But I agree that if they'd put a parking area over say at 635 and Dale Earnhardt Way it might solve a lot of problems.
                            Haha I heard that. Sad story about the kid though.

Comment

Originally posted by Champlaya7 View Post
                              Hahaha you might be right!! Ehh the way I see it is if you want things to change you first gotta start by having a serious conversation about the problems. If they truly do read this forum maybe they'll listen. Maybe not. And if they're offended by my criticism, then to Somerville I go! LOL
                              I've had my fair share of lengthy email exchanges with those in charge there. I'm the one who suggested to them back in 2013 to start doing a redraw for those permits not picked up by a certain date once I learned that 1/5 of the 250 permits weren't even picked up in 2012.

I don't put it all on them. I know they have a difficult job. They're very open to feedback, and I've always received a courteous reply to my vents and suggestions. I'm more concerned by all of the public broadcasting of the awesomeness of Grapevine and reminders to everyone on God's green Earth to get your entry in for the drawing. We're seriously going to push entries to 1k this year. It's like a freaking pledge drive of some sort! The goal should be LESS, not MORE each year. LOL Why am I the only one who wants to keep it on the down low?!

And as for the camera and other illegal items out there...if you're saying you have lag bolts in a tree, that's a violation. And to think they don't know the areas as well as we do is selling them short. If there's not many parts of Grapevine that I haven't set foot on, why wouldn't someone who's job it is to know the area know it just as well as I do? I've seen the trailer load of stuff they haul out of there when they make their rounds.

Dang it. Said I wasn't going to get all worked up over it again this season. Deja vu all over again on so many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                                I've had my fair share of lengthy email exchanges with those in charge there. I'm the one who suggested to them back in 2013 to start doing a redraw for those permits not picked up by a certain date once I learned that 1/5 of the 250 permits weren't even picked up in 2012.

I don't put it all on them. I know they have a difficult job. They're very open to feedback, and I've always received a courteous reply to my vents and suggestions. I'm more concerned by all of the public broadcasting of the awesomeness of Grapevine and reminders to everyone on God's green Earth to get your entry in for the drawing. We're seriously going to push entries to 1k this year. It's like a freaking pledge drive of some sort! The goal should be LESS, not MORE each year. LOL Why am I the only one who wants to keep it on the down low?!

And as for the camera and other illegal items out there...if you're saying you have lag bolts in a tree, that's a violation. And to think they don't know the areas as well as we do is selling them short. If there's not many parts of Grapevine that I haven't set foot on, why wouldn't someone who's job it is to know the area know it just as well as I do? I've seen the trailer load of stuff they haul out of there when they make their rounds.

Dang it. Said I wasn't going to get all worked up over it again this season. Deja vu all over again on so many levels.

Haha it's understandable Larry, I've seen your posts on these threads go way back, don't have to feel bad for loving the place!

And good points, heck at this point I could run cameras see tons of deer or none and I'd still hunt the same areas I've hunted in the past. Probably just gonna take it on out of there (if it hasn't been removed for me already ) and just wait to see if I even get drawn. Would suck to see a nice deer on cam and not have my number drawn, which you seem to know all too well is very likely! LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X